Little Phatty 'looping' problem

Everything Phatty.
theschism

Little Phatty 'looping' problem

Post by theschism » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:22 am

Hi everyone, my Little Phatty Stage II is being a little weird. It's connected via usb to ableton, and i'll be playing and recording for a while and suddenly it just starts holding notes and then looping the notes. And even when I turn off the recording arms on all the tracks, THE SOUND CONTINUES!? It shows no sound indication on any of the track volume slides EXCEPT the master volume. The thing is, when I press a certain D (and this isn't a physical key on the keyboard, it's always the same D, and when i change octaves it moves along the physical keyboard accordingly) I can start and stop it, and a 'play' symbol (the triangle) displays on the LCD screen next to the PANEL ACTIVE text, and I suspect this has something to do with it because no other key has any effect on the LCD screen or the sound that's repeating.

And another thing, when I press the specific 'D' to stop it, if I have the recording arm of any audio track receiving audio from the LP it plays the annoying loop. BUT when I press the 'D' again, it plays the loop ON TOP of the loop.

This is a really annoying and bizarre problem and I hope it's just a setting that I've fumbled! Surely it is because why else would there be a programmed 'play' symbol being displayed on the LCD screen if it isn't a settable function.

Thanks!

CTRLSHFT

Re: Little Phatty 'looping' problem

Post by CTRLSHFT » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:15 pm

sounds a bit like a midi feedback issue. make sure the lp isn't feeding it's output back in to it's input somewhere. you could disable the midi output in the master settings to test if this might be the case.
www.ctrlshft.com

Sir Nose

Re: Little Phatty 'looping' problem

Post by Sir Nose » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:24 pm

Also, the triangle means the LP is receiving midi.