Little Phatty Output Level

Everything Phatty.
chrizzle

Little Phatty Output Level

Post by chrizzle » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:22 pm

hi

i'm new here, i searched for the topic i'm looking for, but didn't find anything, so, if i didn't see it, please give me a link and close topic.

I'm using the LP Stage (together with SH101) live on Stage for playing both bass and lead sounds. i like using the overload function, but even when the cutoff is closed, the sounds with OL are much louder than others.
on all my other synths with the possibility to save a preset, there's a mastervolume saving function as well.
I can't find this on the LP.
Is it really not possible?!?

thx
christoph

www.gudrunvonlaxenburg.com

David Smyth

Re: Little Phatty Output Level

Post by David Smyth » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:08 pm

I asked this question when I first got my Little Phatty..
The answer is there is no way to save a set volume for each patch - the volume of each patch will depend on it's settings (Osc volumes, Overload, Envelope settings etc.)..
Volumes will have to be quickly tweaked during patch changes with the master volume knob..

Regards,
David
NZ
Minimoog Voyager XL, Little Phatty Stage II + CV Output Mod, 2x Slim Phatty, Minitaur, MP-201, EP-2, 2x CP-251, MF-102, MF-104M, MF-107

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:21 pm

I would think this would be coming soon in an OS update. It has been asked for now for a while. Advanced preset option volume: preset or master.

It can be done if using an external piece of gear (midi controller or sequencer) send the program change followed by the MIDI cc for volume (cc7 I think).

Or you could use an expression pedal to make it easier on the fly.

David Smyth

Post by David Smyth » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:04 pm

Sir Nose wrote:Or you could use an expression pedal to make it easier on the fly.
Good Idea! I shall use this method often from now on (or until there's an OS update which adds the patch volume feature).
Minimoog Voyager XL, Little Phatty Stage II + CV Output Mod, 2x Slim Phatty, Minitaur, MP-201, EP-2, 2x CP-251, MF-102, MF-104M, MF-107

Electrolight

Post by Electrolight » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:12 am

what you can try is turn down both oscillators a little, but I don't know how much this will affect your sound when you use high resonance and overload, because then the signal before the overload will be much quieter and maybe there will be less overload, but maybe it's worth a try

chrizzle

Post by chrizzle » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:17 pm

thanks for the answers..

really sad that there is no way to save the output level.. i'm doing it at the moment by quickly adjusting the master knob while playing, because changing the osc levels affects the rest of the sound too much, even if there's no overload or resonance the relations between osc1&osc2 are really important.

hope it'll come in the next software update.

cheers
chrizzle