Stage II Field Upgrade CD (Blank)

Everything Phatty.
gabrielstigmatic

Stage II Field Upgrade CD (Blank)

Post by gabrielstigmatic » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:33 pm

I received my field upgrade in the mail, but the CD that came with it is blank according to my computer.

magnet

Re: Stage II Field Upgrade CD (Blank)

Post by magnet » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:40 pm

Likely the disc wasn't "closed" after burning. Any good CD burning software should be able to do that for the disk. It would be best if you contacted Moog to find what software they used. Roxio is fairly popular, but there are many others. (assuming you are using PC.)
Luck-
Voyager PE/ Frostwave Fatcontroller Seq./ Korg Dw-8000/Little Phatty Tribute #188/Korg EX-8000/KP3-Kaoss Pad/ EH Deluxe Memory Man delay effect/Peavy KB-100 amp

gabrielstigmatic

Post by gabrielstigmatic » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:50 pm

Do you know what is on the disc?

magnet

Post by magnet » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:33 pm

No idea what data is on the disc. But it is not at all un common that a windows OS cannot 'see' data written on a burnable CD. You would need to have the original program, or one that is 'universal' to close the disk, or read it in 'open' format. It isn't usually that difficult to find ~some~ program that will 'see' the data and present it to you.

you can dig that data out if you you can't find it in some other form on the web.

Best--
Voyager PE/ Frostwave Fatcontroller Seq./ Korg Dw-8000/Little Phatty Tribute #188/Korg EX-8000/KP3-Kaoss Pad/ EH Deluxe Memory Man delay effect/Peavy KB-100 amp

gabrielstigmatic

Post by gabrielstigmatic » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:06 pm

I also have a PC, which does not read the disc at all. My mac at least sees that there is a disc in the drive.

magnet

Post by magnet » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:11 pm

Are you saying that your PC doesn't even recognize there's a disk in the drive ? Is "auto-play" disabled ? If that's the case, I'd try it on another PC, or upgrade the drivers for your CD/DVD unit. As I said earlier, IF there's data on the disc, there is, in my experience, almost always a way to get it read.
As an aside, can you get the data on-line, or from another user ?

good luck ! :)

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:26 pm

If I recall correctly, the CD contains upgrade installation instructions and the latest firmware. You can probably get all of this info sent to you via email if you contact techsupport at moogmusic.com.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

-Amos

gabrielstigmatic

Post by gabrielstigmatic » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:14 pm

It's ok, I emailed tech support so they'll most likely get back to me soon. I appreciate you all being so patient with me. Honestly, I expected to have a lot more problems in the realm of the analog. Not because of the product itself but because I didn't really have confidence that I could get the thing working. It actually wasn't too hard to install the upgrade without any reference besides looking at the wires.

I still kind of suck the big one at playing it, I'm a guitar player, but I'm sure with practice I will get better. My bad, this just went from a help thread to a look at my experiences so far. Feel free to let this thread die.