LP II into Ableton

Everything Phatty.
drex901

LP II into Ableton

Post by drex901 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:50 pm

I am currently running into some issues using my Little Phatty Stage II as a MIDI device in Ableton Live. Someone with knowledge of Ableton would probably be more adept at answering this.

(I am running the latest version of Ableton Suite, and using a 2.8 Ghz 4GB Macbook Pro. Also, my audio interface is an Apogee Duet).

I have been recording audio and MIDI through my Moog Little Phatty Stage II synthesizer into Ableton. It is synced through USB directly into the Mac Book, with the audio out on the synth connected to Input 1 on my audio interface. I've dragged an external device onto a MIDI track and everything works fine. The problem is when I attempt to record another track, using the same Little Phatty, in addition the first track. The audio keeps coming through the first track and also changing the notation/sound in the first track...generally just messing everything up. My question is, would I have to go through and change all the MIDI channel inputs and outputs in Ableton IN ADDITION to my Little Phatty? (I'm relatively new to hardware synths. I've used a software synth before, and loved how easy it was to simply drag it from the VST folder onto as many MIDI tracks as I want, and have everything playing together fine). If this is the case, can someone please walk me through how to do this? Are there any shortcuts that would make this process less tedious/cumbersome? Any help, information, or explanations would be very beneficial and appreciated!

gtivr6fan

Re: LP II into Ableton

Post by gtivr6fan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:37 am

You should try to turn the monitor setting from "in" or "auto", to off. Now you will not hear that track's monitoring input. If you change the tracks incoming midi channel, you should stop recieving that info as well. The easiest way to get around all of this is to just record everything into the same track and then drag the clips into the appropiate tracks.
Boxes full o' wires, n stuff n stuff...