New Sound Bank for download!

Everything Phatty.
JWaltman

New Sound Bank for download!

Post by JWaltman » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:34 am

Hi!

I made a bunch of presets and exported them. There must be about 40/50 new sounds in there, mainly from preset one and on. Backup your sounds and load it! You might find some useful stuff :)

It's everything from leads,basses, pads,fx. From completely new sounds, to edited presets. And a very nice copy of the solo synth sound from Pink Floyd - Welcome to the Machine.

It's not meant to be something like a commercial sound bank but I'm sure most people will find some useful sounds!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/595534/JWaltman_LP.syx

Remember, it'll overwrite your entire soundbank so make sure to back it up!

Greetings from Amsterdam!

btw. Got the idea to post this from another post on the forum, I don't see why we can't exchange sounds here. It might even be a good idea to make a sticky forum post with links to all user made sounds and banks, these files should be hosted on moog.com though, to be sure they will remain available.

Assar

Re: New Sound Bank for download!

Post by Assar » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:05 am

Which OS version?
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Little Phatty TE #1045 | Etherwave Theremin
Stockholm, Sweden - - - Listen at: assar.se

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

JWaltman

Post by JWaltman » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:29 pm

My LP runs 2.1

I downloaded the SP presets and it worked fine for me, I guess it should work for 2.x machines.

Can't be sure, but just backup your own bank and give it a try :) And dump the single sounds you like.. Hope you'll find some cool stuff!

JWaltman

Post by JWaltman » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:10 pm

And if you do check it out, please let me know if you liked some sounds :) Or if you thought it doesn't fit your taste, can also be the case of course ;)

Hjulskov

Post by Hjulskov » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Great!

I just bought my LPS II and has been looking around for some userpresets...

I especially like the "LITTLEMINI 2" patch.

Please continue your great work and please share it with the world :D

Cheers,
Hjulskov
MINITAUR FW 2.2.0
MINITAUR Editor 3.2.0 RC11
Arturia KeyStep
Arturia BeatStep
Korg SQ-1
Ableton Live Lite 9.6.1
OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

HiFreak1c

Post by HiFreak1c » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:08 pm

can I say thanks for these mate, using them on my SP and works a treat some really nice sounds in there mate. Thanks for taking your time to make them and upload them, i'm sure they will come in handy :0) :mrgreen:
Outbreak Digital / Digital Cohesion / Soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/hi-freak1c

JWaltman

Post by JWaltman » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:22 pm

thanks for the nice words!

JWaltman

Post by JWaltman » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:39 pm

no more downloads?

I put some effort in this, and share it for free. It would be nice to hear some reactions. Or don't moog users want external preset sounds?

Phurniture

Post by Phurniture » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:52 pm

I downloaded this file a couple of days ago. I use the Slim Phatty mostly for bass sounds, and there were a number of tasty ones in there, especially the Taurus Bass patches. Good stuff.
Mood Lighting EP, the debut from Phurniture on Spliced Vinyl Recordings
Buy it now on Beatport

JWaltman

Post by JWaltman » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:45 pm

Bääx

Post by Bääx » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:13 am

Sweet! 8) I just downloaded and will post again after checking them out.
Taurus III, Little Phatty Stage II, JoMoX X-Base 999, Korg MS2000R, Gotharman DeMoon

JWaltman

Post by JWaltman » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:22 am

did you get a chance to check it out? I'd love to hear more feedback if people like it, it'll be an incentive for me and other to post more in the future I think :)

anotherscott

Post by anotherscott » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:04 am

JWaltman wrote:did you get a chance to check it out? I'd love to hear more feedback if people like it, it'll be an incentive for me and other to post more in the future I think :)
I have my SP on order. The demo sounds nice. I think one obstacle to using them is, as you say, you have to back up your data, and it's not clear how to do that. I checked the PDF manual I downloaded, and "backup" doesn't appear in a quick search. Further examination shows that the process would be "Sysex: Send All Presets," but even that is not straight-forward as you must have (if not another Phatty) "a program that can accept a SysEx dump." I have no idea whether I own such a thing, or how to facilitate that process if I do. And I wouldn't want to risk wiping out data if I wasn't sure of what I was doing anyway, especially if I had set up custom sounds I wanted to make sure I didn't lose. I have a lot of background in keyboards and a lot of background in computers, but I have done relatively little in integrating the two. I don't suppose anyone has a Phatty Librarian program to make this kind of thing easy?

JWaltman

Post by JWaltman » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:32 pm

Hi,

Sysex utilities can be found for free for OSX and Windows. Even a regular midi sequencer/DAW will do, a sysex dump is nothing more then midi data.

anotherscott

Post by anotherscott » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:15 pm

JWaltman wrote: Even a regular midi sequencer/DAW will do, a sysex dump is nothing more then midi data.
I have Pro Tools, but I have almost no experience using it with MIDI. One of these days...