Phatty stage 2 arpegiator on presets

Everything Phatty.
filiphdan

Phatty stage 2 arpegiator on presets

Post by filiphdan » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:18 pm

Hi,

i just bougth a little phatty stage 2 and im having a problem, a friend of mine already owns one and in it wen i go around the presets i just push the value knob and the arpegiator starts working, but in mine this dosnt happen...i need to go inside the menus and turn the preset arp on and doing this the arp is not in sync whit the in midi clock (logic 9) , do you guys know what i need to do to fix this? :?

gtivr6fan

Re: Phatty stage 2 arpegiator on presets

Post by gtivr6fan » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:41 pm

You should really read that paper thingy that comes with the LPII, whats it called? Oh yeah, the manual. But it's a new year, so, in the advanced preset menu, under arpeggiator, under sync: MIDI, not internal, or lfo.
Boxes full o' wires, n stuff n stuff...

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:59 pm

Depending on the patch, settings for ARP might be enabled and set appropriately (for Midi Sync), or not.

As an example, I have a Tribute with the 2.0 upgrade (which was a hardware upgrade that gave it more memory so that it could run newer code; basically putting it on par with Stage but no USB). A "Restore Factory" on mine will bring back the Factory Patches and ARP is enabled on many if not the majority of them, however on a backup set of patches that I have in my Mac (dragged in via SysEx 'record'), there is no ARP enabled; simply because the patch was saved off prior to the code for Arp (and related parameters within the 370-something byte SysEx file).

So on these patches (the 'old' ones), pressing the select button allows for scrolling 10 patches at a time in either direction (this is old behavior). If enabled, pressing it will drop into Arp mode.

If you have a look at the Slim Phatty manual and the code addendums (there are two of them), you'll see new functionality and implementation of a "Global" setting for Midi / Internal which can be set across all patches. This is handy. A prereq is that each Patch will need to be tweaked such that the Global setting is used but it's a big step in the right direction and removes the tedium from managing all of the settings within nested menus of the 100 patches.

Ultimately, I would hope that this functionality will make it's way to code for LP Tribute, and Stage models.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

filiphdan

Post by filiphdan » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:07 am

I already made a reset to the little phatty but wen i press the value knob the arpegiator still dosnt work in almost all presets and i have to do it manualy...mayby im missing something here ill contact tech support to see if they can help me.
Thanks for the help

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:42 am

It may be that the sound bank you have loaded was created before the ARP was added to the LP OS. If that is the case, the each preset's arp setting needs to be changed to enable and resaved. I am not sure why there is an enable/disable in the menu and an on/off button (same with enable latch). I am pretty sure both are switchable by CC. I guess it's so you can't accedentally turn on the ARP when switching a patch. It is an area that can be cleaned up in the code to make room for more OS improvements, though.

filiphdan

Post by filiphdan » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:25 pm

Well it mayby be that the sound was created before the ARP was added to the LP OS so is it possible to replace my soundbank for the new one so that the arpegiator can work in the presets by only clicling the value knob?

gtivr6fan

Post by gtivr6fan » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:02 pm

filiphdan wrote:Well it mayby be that the sound was created before the ARP was added to the LP OS so is it possible to replace my soundbank for the new one so that the arpegiator can work in the presets by only clicling the value knob?
Yes.
Boxes full o' wires, n stuff n stuff...

fishman77

Post by fishman77 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:48 pm

Well I had the exact same problem with my Stage 2; just out of nowhere it seemed. I got the CV outs installed at the factory and when it came back they updated the OS and it is fine now. So I don't really have a solution other than apparently installing the OS fixes it.
Adam
http://www.thesolutionmusic.com
http://www.twelve2five.com
Adam Embree
www.thesolutionmusic.com

filiphdan

Post by filiphdan » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:15 am

fishman77 wrote:Well I had the exact same problem with my Stage 2; just out of nowhere it seemed. I got the CV outs installed at the factory and when it came back they updated the OS and it is fine now. So I don't really have a solution other than apparently installing the OS fixes it.
Adam
http://www.thesolutionmusic.com
http://www.twelve2five.com

So does anyone knows how to update my OS, im kind of confused here by all the sysex data and midi config, i realy dont understand what to do...