Manikin Schrittmacher in the house

Everything Phatty.
DeFrag

Manikin Schrittmacher in the house

Post by DeFrag » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:03 am

I'm trudging along the learning curve with my new sequencer hooked up to my LPTE & had a few questions.

The Schrittmacher has two MIDI outputs: "A" also sends clock info, & "B" which does not.
I assume I run "B" into the LP on channel #1 & "A" into my Alesis SR18 drum-machine say on channel #2.
The drum-machine should get the clock signal right?

While looking through the LP docs for adjusting the Filter Sensitivity (-8 to +8) for key velocity so I can program my velocity lines,
somwhere I ran across something about MIDI thru the LP's output DIN but can't remember where I saw it or the details.

The Schrittmacher documentation states I can run a MIDI controller into the Schritt (LP output to Schritt input) but I don't know what this might do for me.
Any hint?

I printed out a MIDI Percussion Key Map for channel #10 (percussion) assignments of drum sounds to note numbers as the Schrittmacher has a dedicated sequencer line for "drums" but the values are 0-100 whereas the map shows 35-81. Anyone know about this?
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Sir Nose

Re: Manikin Schrittmacher in the house

Post by Sir Nose » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:59 pm

The LP will work without clock, but having the LFO and ARP synced to midi clock is nice. You could come out the "A" and use a midi thru box, like http://www.midisolutions.com/prodthr.htm
and have the LP and the drum machine on different midi channels.

The LP midi merge function is in the menus somewhere. It will merge note information, but it will not pass midi clock. I am not sure about CC messages.

Using the LP midi out into the sequencer can transpose sequences on the fly and more useful to me record knob tweaks into the sequencer.

DeFrag

Re: Manikin Schrittmacher in the house

Post by DeFrag » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:18 am

Thanks Sir Nose for taking the time to answer.

My LPTE is at 1.03c & doesn't have the arp.
I think I can run the Schritt into the drum machine & thru to the LP.
I've got some foolin' around to do I guess.
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/