SP wood pics

Everything Phatty.
jeepo

SP wood pics

Post by jeepo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:21 pm

Now in the Phatty section of the moog website.

http://www.moogmusic.com/littlephatty/? ... k_id=21398
Stage II, MF-102, MF-105m, MF-107, paia theremin, akai s2000, yamaha pss 680, yamaha cp 25, and other stuff

weemac

Re: SP wood pics

Post by weemac » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:55 pm

Very, very nice!

emac.

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:22 am

They do look very nice. Quite a bit better than the RME wood handles.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:19 am

While the wood case looks lovely, I for one eventually want a rack case to put a bunch of these in for that beloved Moog polyphony. Can you imagine what 10 of these would look like with wood cases? :shock: Beautiful, yes...no doubt! But functionally? Impractical. Too much space being taken up. If I had 10 SP's in this gorgeous wood case, 1) it would cost a fortune, and 2) they'd all be on shelves going across my studio wall! On second thought, that'd save money on Christmas lights. Hmm...
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

nikola

Post by nikola » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:03 pm

slurp :P
was i pushed or did i fall ?

Xenollop

Post by Xenollop » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:53 am

NICE!
Moog still has the sexiest looking synths on the block...
Little Phatty Tribute #525, MF-102, MF-105, APC40, LPD8, Ibanez SR3000E Bass

JWaltman

Post by JWaltman » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:49 pm

nice! Although I would probably buy rack ears, as I want the SP only for creating a poly LP ;)

JWaltman

Post by JWaltman » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:51 pm

Xenollop wrote:NICE!
Moog still has the sexiest looking synths on the block...
not only the best looking. they probably have the best built quality as well! It feels like quality gear, just like the synths from the past.. at least my LP is ;)

Xenollop

Post by Xenollop » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:59 pm

Agreed!
Little Phatty Tribute #525, MF-102, MF-105, APC40, LPD8, Ibanez SR3000E Bass

timmy

Post by timmy » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:38 pm

too bad Moog won't offer wood side for the LP Stage II owners, too? i bet they could sell MANY sets.

(and, yes, I have been on the un-merry-go-round with synthwood already, no need to recommend)
Go analog: Moog Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Tom Oberheim
Go plastic: Roland, Yamaha, Korg

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:11 pm

timmy wrote:too bad Moog won't offer wood side for the LP Stage II owners, too? i bet they could sell MANY sets.

(and, yes, I have been on the un-merry-go-round with synthwood already, no need to recommend)
+1 on that. Not sure who Moog contracts as a supplier, but if they are again spinning up a sourcing deal, it might not be a bad idea. The LP panels are very simple as compared to the SP wood enclosure (no glue, just two individual flat pieces); reuse the same wood burning bit). Sell it for $79 they'd move a 1000 of them.

Looking at the pic again, I want to buy an SP just to have it in the wood case; It becomes a beautiful instrument.

How's this for an idea... make an adaptable enclosure that could be used to stack 3 SP's atop one another. Picture the old modulars with each row of modules at a different angle. Could be as simple as one additional wood case that can hold 2 SPs. One on the desk/horizontal surface, the 2nd at a 15 degree offset angle with a slightly angled top platform (so the end use can optionally [or not] place the 3rd atop using the existing wood case).

Fashion yourself a 6 voice (12 OSCs) in a double wide rack sized enclosure; now that would be a powerhouse. If they could work out the firmware code portion to accept one as the master (in the absence of a separate controller box) and then work out splits and note/voice distribution; the Poly would be job done.

Or better yet, leave the code as is, and create a VX/CP sized module which does all the work; could have a few buttons to manage the split point and assign # of voices above and below the split then act as a mater controller. Wouldn't take too much effort and if done simply (like the MidiMurf), they could avoid the expense of a complicated display.

It could be used for other modules as well (not just Moog). Oberheim did this a "spillover" arrangement in the Matrix 6 and then later did a Unit scheme in the Matrix 1000 which divvied up voices round robin style.

Just some ideas (we're collectively very good at creating new products!)
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

weemac

Post by weemac » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:56 pm

timmy wrote:too bad Moog won't offer wood side for the LP Stage II owners, too? i bet they could sell MANY sets.

I got an LP second hand that has synthwood sides on it. I must have got lucky as they seem to fit well.... They don't look as good as the tribute sides though..

emac.

timmy

Post by timmy » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:04 pm

I would love to purchase a set of CNC cut wood sides for my LP Stage II, replicas of the Bob Moog Signature Phatty, complete with a screen printed aluminum overlay for the jacks/ports.

I would happily spend up to $120 US for this.
Go analog: Moog Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Tom Oberheim
Go plastic: Roland, Yamaha, Korg

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:32 pm

I would like Moog to make some Electric Blue sides for my lp stage II. I've had all the lights replaced just need wood ( so to speak). I contacted Moog in early summer regarding some of the black rubberized sides and was also shot down on that. I just don't like the light gray sides.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:03 pm

slabwax wrote:I would like Moog to make some Electric Blue sides for my lp stage II. I've had all the lights replaced just need wood ( so to speak). I contacted Moog in early summer regarding some of the black rubberized sides and was also shot down on that. I just don't like the light gray sides.
You got all the lights replaced with blue? Got pics? That must look really sharp with the black. If you send the LP back to the factory, do you think they could paint the back with the EB paint? Also, if you want a cheap temporary fix for the sides, you could get some gloss black Krylon and spray them. The panels aren't hard to get off, and the jacks on the left panel can be removed fairly easily. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.