Modulation not working

Everything Phatty.
insomniyack

Modulation not working

Post by insomniyack » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:39 pm

I just got the Slim Phatty and when I turn the knobs in the mod section NOTHING is changing. I'm familiar with synths and how they work but nothing is happening when I turn the knobs, adjust the rate or amount...anything!

Any idea what could be wrong??

Amos

Re: Modulation not working

Post by Amos » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:12 pm

Yes, the modulation section doesn't automatically do anything without a mod wheel. If you are using a MIDI controller with a mod wheel, you'd probably never notice this because it's intuitive to use a mod wheel to turn up modulation. Since you asked, I'm assuming you aren't using a MIDI controller with a mod wheel.

I added a special trick to the Slim in order to deal with this:

Press and hold the MOD AMOUNT button for half a second or so and it should start blinking. You're now in "mod wheel" mode - the Modulation knob is now a mod wheel.
Turn the modulation knob all the way up. Now the modulation will be fully active, at whatever amount you set using the actual modulation Amount parameter.

You can press and hold the MOD AMOUNT button again to exit this mode and adjust the normal Mod Amount parameter again.

Once the "mod wheel" parameter is at maximum, it will stay that way until you change it yourself or until you power off the synth (it always comes up with mod wheel at zero). Or of course if you send a MIDI Mod Wheel message it will override this setting.

Hope this helps!

-Amos

insomniyack

Post by insomniyack » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:13 pm

Thank goodness!!

Thanks for your help!

insomniyack

Post by insomniyack » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:01 pm

Great it works now!! I love the sound of this synth and the overdrive is perfect!!

peteruertz

Post by peteruertz » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:29 am

Saved my live today! Thx - great work, Amos!
Peter