musician

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.
swamarpika

musician

Post by swamarpika » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:39 am

Does a good musician make a good music teacher? I am writing an essay, and I'd be interested to hear what you think. Are any of you music teachers? Did you want to teach or was it a stop-gap until you could make it as a performer? Did you try to make it as a performer?
Last edited by swamarpika on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Niko

Re: musician

Post by Niko » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:58 am

I've "learned" music by two influences. One was a real teacher to show me how I need to hold the flute and breath into it or how I should use the fingers onto a keyboard. Also the teacher(s) pushed me to do excercises until the next weekly lesson. At least an hour or so before the lesson I usually had a look onto my homework so I was prepared, I said to myself.
The other influence was listenig and watching other musicians on stage, video or other medias.
I think a "classical" music teacher has it's justification in order to force a certain discipline. But a good teacher should have an amount of pedagogic skills in addition to a musical ability to create the necessary respect and acceptance from the pupil.
A good musician could be a good music teacher as long as he is a good pedagogue as well I think.
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered" - No. 6

Where is the tutti button on this instrument? ...