Hi-Watt theremin

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.
endocrine

Hi-Watt theremin

Post by endocrine » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:56 pm

About the Hi-Watt Echo theremin... I don't own one but it looks like a cheap solution to getting a theremin. Does it always echo? The echo sound like it might be cool, but not all the time. If it really came to needing echo I have an echo pedal anyway. I want the theremin part but I want it to sound like a theremin. My idea is if I turn the echo level all the way down it may turn off but sometimes that sort of thing doesn't work on effects. I don't know. Please provide some insight.
Also, if you know some other cheap theremins, tell me about them. I'm not afraid of using a kit, but don't want just instructions, and I'd prefer no soldering. One antenae models seem a little better suited for me as I would want it sitting next to my keyboard for an effect more than i would want it as an instrument on its own.

endocrine

Post by endocrine » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:39 pm

ok I figured out that you can definately turn the echo off, but still...is it good? good enough? what are some other more awesome/less expensive ones?