Theremin standard plug in play Theremin Amp?

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.
snicholshms

Theremin standard plug in play Theremin Amp?

Post by snicholshms » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:38 pm

I just bought the Theremin standard (what a ball to play!) and wondered if I have to make any mods to it in order to play it through the Theremin Amp.

shadowing

Theremin Amp and Theremin

Post by shadowing » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:41 am

If by standard Theremin you mean the original Etherwave, and you're also talking about the Moog TB-15 Theremin Amp, the answer is: just connect the Theremin and play. They're perfectly compatible.

I own both and have used them together for years. One of the best features of the TB-15 is that there are TWO input channels, which is really unique for an amplifier that size. I've NEVER seen a comparably priced amp that allows you to hook up two instruments simultaneously. I frequently use the second input to pipe music through to serve as accompanist while I play the Theremin live.

endocrine

Post by endocrine » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:53 pm

what about a guitar amp? Is that alright? Is there an advantage to playing with a theremin amp?

on an unrelated note, is there such a thing as theremin feedback?

shadowing

What Amp to Use

Post by shadowing » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:25 pm

A guitar Amp is fine. I've plugged into all manner of amps in different venues. I use the TB-15 primarily for rehearsing. It's compact. It's also light enough to travel without a lot of hassle.

Your Theremin will plug into any amp.