Strange etherwave problem

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.
roland.19

Strange etherwave problem

Post by roland.19 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:45 am

My etherwave seems to be acting up....I will have my hand stationary (right "pitch" hand) and all of a sudden the pitch will change without me moving...

Anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this? I am just starting to learn where the positions are for notes, hand and finger movements, and this is frustratingly throwing me off. I have perfect pitch, and will be able to learn this instrument pretty quickly, I just need to know if I put my hand somewhere, that note will sound....

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thierry

Post by Thierry » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:59 am

a) Allow the Etherwave to "warm up" 15 minutes after switching it on. After this time the oscillators will be more stable.

b) Make sure that not only your pitch hand is steady but that nothing (i.e. your paunch) and nobody (dog, cat, son, daughter) moves inside a 8ft range around the pitch antenna.

c) Take your key chain and your cell phone out of your pockets and place them outside the above cited radius.

_DemonDan_

Re: Strange etherwave problem

Post by _DemonDan_ » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:33 am

roland.19 wrote:My etherwave seems to be acting up....I will have my hand stationary
(right "pitch" hand) and all of a sudden the pitch will change without me moving...
It means the Alien is getting closer to your sector.

Get out of there! Now!
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:25 pm

I will say this too, my theremin wont work with a CRT monitor in the same room. No steady pitches there either......the monitor puts out a HUGE FIELD of its own.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.