Delayed Again?

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.
Don

Delayed Again?

Post by Don » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:03 pm

The current info on this site now says "later this summer." I sold my Etherwave in mid-March because they first said it would be shipping at the end of March. It stayed with that until May. Then, the info on this site said the end of June. Now it's later this summer.

This is very disappointing, AND I'm without a theremin due to what they posted.

I'm wondering, is "this" summer 2004 or 2006?
:(

shadowing

Delay After Delay After Delay

Post by shadowing » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:48 am

It looks like the powers that be at Moog Music are dropping the ball. Seems like they're having trouble keeping every one of us who ordered (AND PAID FOR) the Etherwave Pro in the loop.

About three weeks ago I received a letter from Moog Music President, Michael J. Adams apologizing for the delays. The primary reason given was that this 50th Anniversary year is taking Mr. Moog himself away from overseeing production.

In the letter it states "we will not be delivering the Etherwave Pro until late summer." It goes on to say that they have completed design of the cabinet, a "stunning tiger stripe maple" that "we believe you will find this product even more appealing than the promise of the original prototype"..." It will ship with "a custom made stand and a new DVD tutorial that features Bob and Pamelia Kurstin."

Mr. Adams goes on to say that if any of us who ordered would now like to cancel due to the delays, that "we completely understand."

After a few more comments, Mr. Adams signs off, but Mr. Moog's title as "Chief Technical Kahuna" is without a signature. Then, there's a P.S. that says, "Bob is traveling and was not available to sign this letter." I think they meant this to be humorous, and it is, but it's also symptomatic of the original problem, which is ensuring customer satisfaction. After all, each customer has laid out over one thousand dollars IN ADVANCE!

I myself have drafted a letter to Moog Music. I do still intend on waiting. However, they really ought to make the most concerted effort possible to fill all orders. And, if it were up to me (I've been in Marketing for over 20 years), I would begin a campaign of maintaining customer satisfaction until the delivery by sending a few extras periodically -- I'd send everyone the Clara Rockmore video, a few weeks later a Tee Shirt along with a note saying "We're getting there!" etc. The small outlay of a few premiums is NOTHING compared to the fantastic word of mouth it would generate.

But, as you see, none of us knows quite what's going on. Meanwhile, we wait.
Last edited by shadowing on Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bunnyman

Post by bunnyman » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:59 pm

Well, my dealer (who's been kind enough not to cash the check I sent him ON FEBRUARY SIXTH!!!) informs me (after speaking with Moog Music) that we're looking at the END of AUGUST! I've had it. I just cancelled the order (besides, Jen and I are having a baby and every $$$ helps...).

-andrew bunny :evil:

bunnyman

Post by bunnyman » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:02 pm

Sorry, just one more bitch: at this rate, the 50th anniversary theremin won't even be available in the 50th anniversary year!!! :wink:

-a bunny

louie

Characteristics

Post by louie » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:32 pm

I was recently told about the Etherwave Pro, and I went ahead and purchased one in spite of the delays. Moog's site doesn't really say much about it - I hope the pitch linearity is better than Etherwave's, and I'm looking forward to whatever sound it makes. Is there anywhere on the web to hear a sample of the sound?

Southernone

Etherwave Pro Delay

Post by Southernone » Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:52 am

Many of you have purchased your Etherwave Pro through one of our authorized dealers. We thank you. However, we have a hard time communicating with you through them. It would be very helpful to have all of your email addresses and physical addresses so that when we do send an update all of you would receive it directly.

Please send your name and contact information to [email protected]. Place "Etherwave Pro Customer" in the subject line. We'll keep you updated directly.

For now, we apologize for the delay. What is recounted here is accurate. The MuRF and Bob's extra travel have all led to the delay. We expect to have some final cabinetry soon. We have already shot the tutorial. It is being duplicated. The project is still on track for late Summer deliveries.

Mike Adams
Moog Music