What would you like to see next from Moog Theremins?

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.

With No Etherwave Pro, What next?

Offer a Brand New Theremin superior to the EP?
32%
Offer Etherwave with Pitch/CV
35%
Bring back the Ethervox!
19%
Other Suggestions? (Please list)
13%

Total votes: 31

cumulus

Post by cumulus » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:44 pm

I would like to see somethign on the order of the Pro.

I didn't get one because about the time I was ready to order one they announced that it woudl be discontinued but also said that they were coming out with a new theremin that would be somewhere between the Pro and the Standard.

I would have gotten a Pro had I known that they were just modding the Standard Etherwave.

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:03 am

a upgrade , that allows quantizing at will , making it more easy to operate, and also an easier option to reverse the volume and or pitch reaction

Thierry

Re: What would you like to see next from Moog Theremins?

Post by Thierry » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:44 am

Take the E-Pro innards and build them in a less expensive cabinet so that it becomes on one side affordable and will generate some profit for moog music on the other side. :wink:

Contact me for a helpful mod which improves and smoothens the volume response... (http://theremin.tfrenkel.com/en/chaudron/epvm1345)
Last edited by Thierry on Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
French Mathémartiste, Informagicien, Thérémingénieur ;-)

[url]http://theremin.tfrenkel.com[/url]

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:14 pm

From what I understand, they could do another run of them if they wanted to....they have the parts but it was he manufacturer of the cabinets that made them halt production.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

frestrobbe

Post by frestrobbe » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:55 pm

The Theremin is fairly new to me as an instrument but I'm totally hooked at it!
I recently bought an etherwave plus to use it as CV-pitch-gate controller for my minimoog and mf's but I'm actually diggin' it even more as an instrument 'an sich'.

if there's gonna be a new etherwave pro or any other more advanced/professional theremin I would buy one instantly!

I think by the time I get good at it there 'll probably be one :-)

for those who would like to hear one of my songs made with the theremin, 'Therenoia' : http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_3762449
its made out of 2 layers of theremin and 2 layers of minimoog Voyager, feedback is mostly appreciated (but maybe better in an other topic ;-) )

Kind regards,
Frederik aka 'Phazon One'
Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue, Etherwave plus, MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, VX-351, CP-251

henmargni

Post by henmargni » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:09 pm

Definitly an Ondes Martenot

Krinor

Post by Krinor » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:52 pm

I'd like to see the CV outs as standard and also that it was built in a stained oak cabinet to match the MF's, LP TE and Voyagers. Oh, and put a nice Moog logo on it facing towards the audience.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:58 pm

Krinor wrote:Oh, and put a nice Moog logo on it facing towards the audience.
I totally agree with that.

I usually put a Moog sticker on the front of my EtherWave Plus
just so people know who makes it:

http://picasaweb.google.com/djtrend/Pin ... 5211127874

Last edited by _DemonDan_ on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:10 pm

THe Voyager is especially lacking in logos. I wish they would include one above Osc 1 like they do on the RME.

I understand they could do another run of EW Pros , and I wish they could just design a different cabinet for it so they could get those out.
I also wish that I could afford it if they did.

I think they need to just make CV and Midi a standard on the theremins, or offer a Midi upgrade for the EWStd.

If they come out with a new pro line, it really needs to have Midi. The EW Pro with a Midi out is probably the ultimate in theremin design.

Something that just occured to me that would be really nice is if you had the EWPro circuitry we are all familliar with, but also have an alternate tube based heart for more tonal authenticity. You could run either or, or you could play intervals. That would probably make it more expsnsive than the original Pro, but those seem to want to fetch quite a bit now anyways.

Wouldn't it be very inspiring to have a set of glowing tubes with the Moog logo on it?

heh

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Don

Post by Don » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:45 pm

Why not a completely retro, tube and coil theremin? Bob did write the book (well, articles) on how to do it.

If not, then a EW-Pro with an old "tube radio" case. Have a place inside the case to store antennas and legs.

I'd also like to see memory for patches, so you could have different sounds that are always the same at the turn of a dial.

Finally, now that Moog has re-introduced the ribbon controller with the XL, how about a version of the electrotheremin (aka tannerin)? That was the actual instrument used on "Good Vibrations," not a theremin. It could have a simple design: a single oscillator and filter (LP, BP, HP, with adjustable points +Q) and a ribbon on top of a painted keyboard (with a pitch control for tuning). Also, a switch for determining the octave.

An XL version would have a momentary contact button to turn sound on and off and perhaps a VCA and an ADSR and VCA for the filter and amp, triggered by the button.