What would you like to see next from Moog Theremins?

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.

With No Etherwave Pro, What next?

Offer a Brand New Theremin superior to the EP?
32%
Offer Etherwave with Pitch/CV
35%
Bring back the Ethervox!
19%
Other Suggestions? (Please list)
13%

Total votes: 31

EricK

What would you like to see next from Moog Theremins?

Post by EricK » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:23 am

Seeing as how the Great Etherwave Pro is no longer offered, What would you like to see Moog Music do for their Theremin?

I would love to see a brand new theremin, but more realistically, Id simply like to see them offer a hardware upgrade for the Etherwave Standard to give us Pitch and Volume CV outputs.

On top of that, my personal desire for a theremin modification would be to have those CV's added to the theremin, but include a gate output with a switch that would allow you to turn off the gate output if you don't require it.

This woudl allow me to keep my theremin's gate output patched but bypassed, and then instead of bending down to patch it back together, I could just flip a switch and be able to activate sequencers or envelope generators via the volume antenna. Im seeking a completely integrated Modular synth controller with my theremin modification.

Is this even possible with this particular cabinet?

What would you like to see?
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

thermionicjunky

Post by thermionicjunky » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:05 pm

Adding CV outputs to the Etherwave should be pretty easy, but I've never heard of anyone doing it successfully with the included schematics. The pads are all there on the circuit board already, so perhaps Moog could sell us little circuit boards that we could solder to the main board. Adding a switch would be as easy as soldering a toggle between the board and the output jack. All we would have to do is some minor soldering and hole drilling.

Theremint

a more sturdy stand & built in Vocoder

Post by Theremint » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:47 am

A more sturdy stand & built in Vocoder for pitch correction. Also position volume antenna slightly arched inward toward player. Maybe even a volume pedal jack to over ride volume antenna for those who chose this option. Also mid air laser lit markers to act like frets on a guitar or keys on a piano for better player accuracy. I could go on and on, but I'm afraid my imagination here is making you all laugh. However wouldn't the above stuff be welcome additions? Or am I naive about something here?

Theremint

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:44 pm

OMG MOOG ACTUALLY DID IT! :shock:

Theremint

Post by Theremint » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:05 pm

What did they do?

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:38 am

Theremint wrote:What did they do?
They added Pitch and Volume CV outs to the Etherwave. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Theremint

Post by Theremint » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:04 am

Oh, that's new news to me. Guess I better take a look at the Moog Web site.
Thanks for keeping us all informed Voltor07.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:14 am

Theremint wrote:Oh, that's new news to me. Guess I better take a look at the Moog Web site.
Thanks for keeping us all informed Voltor07.
Of course! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Willyman

Post by Willyman » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:16 am

:shock: I'm gonna have to get an EW plus now. I don't even really want it. If I get both will they mess each other up if theyre next to each other?

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:19 am

Willyman, you could always get the 149 USD field upgrade. :wink:

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:26 pm

Voltor07 wrote:
Theremint wrote:What did they do?
They added Pitch and Volume CV outs to the Etherwave. :wink:

And a headphone Jack and power LED.

I am going to go so far as to theorize that these new features will become standard, just like the memory upgrade, lit wheels and afterpressure on the Voyager.

Eric

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:14 pm

EricK, I don't think so. Here's why. Not all thereminists are interested in controlling CV equipment. Not all synthesists are thereminists, and therefore may not see the need to become thereminists, especially as difficult as it is to play well the theremin. I believe that the CV out additions were specifically added for Moogers who absolutely MUST HAVE everything Moog. Like you and I. Not too many people are as enthusiastic as you and I when it comes to Moog. :lol:

varice

Post by varice » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:36 pm

EricK wrote:...Id simply like to see them offer a hardware upgrade for the Etherwave Standard to give us Pitch and Volume CV outputs...
EricK wrote:OMG MOOG ACTUALLY DID IT! :shock:
Bravo EricK! Great suggestion. And Moog Music listened. Are they the best music company in the world or what???
varice

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:46 pm

They sure are! Though I don't think that it was my suggestion alone that did it lol. As popular as that theremin is (THE most popular) people have been asking for that for a long time. THey even include instructions and provided the power chips on the circuit board encouraging us to Mod it ourselves so I think its been a long time coming.

Im just glad that I can send it to the ACTUAL COMPANY rather than to someone else who might not do a bang up job, or worse they simply do a bang up job :shock: .

Theremint

Post by Theremint » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:41 pm

OK Monte, what prize do we have for EricK, for having such a great suggestion for Moog?

Well Jay, he can choose what's behind curtain number one, or what's in the box next to where Carroll Marrell is standing. Or just maybe Moog can send him a bumper sticker and a T-shirt.