Claravox with expression pedal

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.
rickreid

Claravox with expression pedal

Post by rickreid » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:03 pm

I haven't figured out how to get an expression pedal to work properly with the Claravox filter cutoff.

I started digging around in the editor app for iPad and Mac OS. I don't see any controls for routing the CV In to other parameters either.

I did confirm that CV In does work with an external LFO signal. But I have tried two expression pedals to no avail.

Can someone help with either of these topics?
Claravox Centennial, Etherwave Standard, Etherwave Plus, Theremini, Slim Phatty, Werkstatt, Mother32, Minitaur, Moogerfoogers, Minifoogers * Theremin30.com * StylophoneMuseum.com * RickReid.com

rickreid

Re: Claravox with expression pedal

Post by rickreid » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:44 pm

I think I figured out the CV In routing, but still can't get my expression pedals to work. I assume that the Claravox is not outputting voltage on the TRS jack to power a pedal.
Claravox Centennial, Etherwave Standard, Etherwave Plus, Theremini, Slim Phatty, Werkstatt, Mother32, Minitaur, Moogerfoogers, Minifoogers * Theremin30.com * StylophoneMuseum.com * RickReid.com

rickreid

Re: Claravox with expression pedal

Post by rickreid » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:24 am

After lots of experimentation and random tweaking of the editor app, I found a solution to the expression pedal issue. I had to change the CV In global settings to:

CV In scale = 100%
CV In voltage offset = -5v
CV range = ±5v

The default setting in the app, and presumably in the Claravox straight out of the box, has the CV In voltage offset = 0v.