Updates on Claravox Centennial Theremin Delivery

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.
ContraDude

Updates on Claravox Centennial Theremin Delivery

Post by ContraDude » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:28 pm

As noted on another thread, I’ve taken the plunge and ordered the Claravox Centennial Theremin. Shortly after that, I read that there was a delay in the release date and that they would not be shipped this month (Dec. 2020) but it could be as late as June 2021 (six months from now). I contacted Moog to get the scoop and was told to contact the dealer. I did that but they didn’t know.

I’ve heard nothing since but periodically see “updates” on Theremin World. I again tried to contact Moog today to get the information first hand but only got a “non-response,” that didn’t provide any information.

Apparently, some people are receiving e-mails directly from Moog regarding the current status of the Claravox. If so, how can others get on that list? In the alternative, it would be nice to get official updates from Moog on this forum.

Thanks!

ChattrEnglish

Re: Updates on Claravox Centennial Theremin Delivery

Post by ChattrEnglish » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:44 pm

I sent an email for an update to both Moog and the distributor I pre-ordered the Claravox from (Perfect Circuit).

I haven't heard anything from Moog, but PC replied saying they too are having difficulties maintaining contact with Moog re: the Claravox.

essentially I was told to stand by and not hold my breath just yet. Your post is the first I'm hearing of a possible July delivery date (at the latest). So, I'm putting my 0.02 here for signal boost.

Fingers crossed. :)

ContraDude

Post by ContraDude » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:38 am

Hi ChattrEnglish, I finally got a response from Moog yesterday and it wasn’t very specific; it stated (in part):

“Thank you for reaching out to us!

“We want to thank you for your patience and support. Due to unforeseen supply chain delays, we are now in the process of reforecasting ETA’s and expect production to begin in early 2021. In the near future, as we begin to ship orders, your dealer should have updated delivery schedules. We have provided a message to our partners so they could pass it on to our customers awaiting the Claravox Centennial. I wanted to ensure you have this message and content so you will be as updated as possible.

"Thank you for your patience and support as we approach production of your Claravox Centennial. As we near the end of the year, we’d like to update you on our progress from the Moog Factory and let you know what to expect next:

“We are currently experiencing supply chain delays and will not be shipping Claravox Centennial during the month of December as we had hoped. We now expect production to begin in early 2021 and believe we can fulfill all preorders during the first half of the new year. In order to continue keeping communication open and transparent, we will be updating dealers with our progress so that they can inform you of the latest details for your instrument’s arrival. Please know that we are doing everything in our control to expedite this process while ensuring your instrumen is built with care.”

I also heard from the dealer (Prymaxe) and they were a bit noncommittal too:

“We will be getting an update from Moog about the shipping dates very soon but the last info we got that there's a delay in the supply chain hence the production was put on hold.”

At this point, all we can do is wait.

ChattrEnglish

Post by ChattrEnglish » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:59 pm

Thanks Contradude.

I appreciate the updated information. Reading this now in the future of mid March, i am still sitting and waiting.

Some day— i think— that theremin will come.

Cheers!

hudri

Post by hudri » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:24 am

More up-to-date information can be read at https://www.moogmusic.com/news/claravox ... ion-update. Mostly marketing gibberish and concommittal dates (they even left out the year when production will begin...). But at least they said SOMETHING after months of silence.

ChattrEnglish

Post by ChattrEnglish » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:06 pm

And alas,

June is here and my hands itch anew for the sweet sweet claravox theremin.

I assume no more news has been heard since the official update from Moog?

hudri

Post by hudri » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:31 am

Well, there has been an official update to the official update at the link posted above.
And several people/dealers have received different (and partly contradictory) messages from Moog, from "next week" to "October" or "we don't know".

But -- just discovered -- the user manual and editor are now available for download. Gonna go reading now...

ChattrEnglish

Post by ChattrEnglish » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:30 pm

Over a year after preordering from Perfect Circuit— still nothing.
They still haven’t received any.
Sad face for sure.

I know that some of you have got yours, and have kept up on the issues, etc. My question to the forum is— should I stand fast and wait for who knows how long? Is it worth it? Or should I take my $$$ and go elsewhere?

That money could make a lot of music doing other things. Im just frustrated with the whole thing.

thelostemperor

Post by thelostemperor » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:50 pm

Welp, just looked and there are 3 brand new condition Claravoxes on eBay right now. I hate scalpers.

ChattrEnglish

Post by ChattrEnglish » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:20 pm

Well how about that.
My Claravox has shipped!

Ordered it from Perfect Circuit fall of 2020.

I guess it wasn’t a dream ha ha.

Moog must be trickling these units out. Stay strong everyone. 🤘

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:42 am

Good to know!!

Covid supply chain problems are affecting everyone

thelostemperor

Post by thelostemperor » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:03 pm

Just for info, I ordered my Claravox in May 12, 2021 (from Sweetwater) and just received it on April 17, 2022. So basically 11 months. I figure I must be one of the last people to get an order in.
Serial # 01156.
It’s beautiful.