Trouble with unstable Moog Theremini

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.
bahramdaniel

Trouble with unstable Moog Theremini

Post by bahramdaniel » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:05 pm

Hi!

I recently bought a Moog Theremini and it worked great the first couple of days! The past few days it's started to get a little wobbly at the lower registers (mainly below C5, link below for video of the problem. I know that the place I live has good grounding, and I've tried several outlets, so I don't think that this is the issue. Also I've made sure that there are no interfering metal/electrical objects nearby.

I'm using the power supply I got with the Moog Theremini, and nothing has changed in my room/surroundings since I bought it. I've also tried using it in different rooms, but they all end up the same, so I'm not sure why it makes this shaking, wobbling sound.

Video of the problem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/an2hogfxps4ap ... 3.MOV?dl=0

I know some has had the same problem on this board, but I can't seem to find any solutions. Help would be very much appreciated! :)

Greetings from Norway!

gimelvav

Re: Trouble with unstable Moog Theremini

Post by gimelvav » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:49 am

Did you try contacting moog help directly?

Necrolicious

Re: Trouble with unstable Moog Theremini

Post by Necrolicious » Thu May 14, 2020 2:55 am

Exact same problem.
I've been practicing at the same spot in the same plug in the same room for a year and this just started happening to my Theremini as well.
I contacted Moog directly last night, but no reply yet...