Theremin advice

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.
Edna_ER

Theremin advice

Post by Edna_ER » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:50 am

I have a Burns Zep theremin. I use it through a pedalboard with a volume pedal, adjusting pedals as I go. I am not playing it in any traditional way. This Theremin isn't very robust and it is battery powered. Sometimes I forget to turn it off and then I have to change the battery which all feels rather precarious. Since I mainly use the Theremin live I am now looking for something more robust but it also has to be compact. I have been considering the Burns B3.

One thought I have though is that there are some advantages of not having a volume control on my current model in that I don't need both hands to play it - I can get on my knees on stage and play the Theremin and control pedals at the same time: https://youtu.be/i0fkfkvl0h8

Any advice anyone?
Last edited by Edna_ER on Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

_DemonDan_

Re: Theremin advice

Post by _DemonDan_ » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:52 pm

Edna_ER wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:50 am One thought I have though is that there are some advantages of not having a volume control on my current model in that I don't need both hands to play it - I can get on my knees on stage and play the Theremin and control pedals at the same time. Any advice anyone?
Hi Edna,
Since all of the Moog Theremins *reduce* volume as you move your hand closer to the Volume Antenna, you can always play a Moog Theremin with just one hand. It will then play at full volume just like any one-antenna theremin.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _