Theremin not working

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.
tomyco

Theremin not working

Post by tomyco » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:38 pm

I just bought a used standard Moog etherwave theremin. I bought it without the power supply at a pretty good price. I bought the power supply and its not working. I have my audio out going into my Fender guitar amp, when I turn both of them on I get nothing from volume and a slight sound from the pitch antenna.

I opened up the theremin to see if there were any loose wires and everything looks good, looks very clean inside. Any ideas what I should do or what the problem could be. Thanks!

_DemonDan_

Re: Theremin not working

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:54 pm

tomyco wrote:I have my audio out going into my Fender guitar amp, when I turn both of them on I get nothing from volume and a slight sound from the pitch antenna... Any ideas what I should do or what the problem could be?
Hi tomyco,
Is it possible that you are setting the Theremin directly on a surface that has metal parts in/under/near the Volume antenna? Or, do you have a cable on or near the Volume antenna?

If so, the Volume will be at or near zero. As a test, try holding the Theremin underneath, in the middle, with at least you forearm going straight up.

The ideal way to mount a Theremin is on a mic stand.

Hope this was the solution.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _