New Theremini Firmware Update!

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.
bichuelo

Re: New Theremini Firmware Update!

Post by bichuelo » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:05 am

rkram53 wrote:I don't seem to have a problem with range. Lets say I set range F#1 to F#6, but I set Root to F and scale to Ionian.
My Theremini plays notes G1 to F6 as expected as the top F# is not in the scale and G1 is the lowest note in the scale for root F.
But I'll fool around some more here as I typically don't use the full low range when I play (in fact I'll adjust range a bit outside of the range of the piece I'm playing to give me a larger pitch field - making things easier to play in many cases).
Well, in my case the F#1 and F#6 are included, so this brings me to the following:
Are my settings wrong?
Does this happen to some units only?

On the other hand, the flicker/offset on the screen has come back, I understand this is happening only to some units too?
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

rkram53

Post by rkram53 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:58 pm

Bichuelo,
I really think you should open up a ticket with Moog and get direct support for the screen issue.

What transposition is set for the patch you ran F#1-F#6 on?
If Root is F and Scale is Ionian and transposition is set to 0, then F#s should not be played. Again I would bring this up with Moog if that is really the case.

Rich

cliff d - UK

Post by cliff d - UK » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:35 am

I have noticed a couple of apparent bugs with the firmware update - having said that it maybe that I have failed to comprehend the accompanying notes, but I will just share to see what others have experienced. If I set the auto mute to off the pitch scale then reverses as I move away from the theremin - I understand this is supposed to happen in theremin mode, but am surprised it happens in normal. It is possible that this was so previously & I did not notice it. The other niggle is that although I have set all the preset control parameters to off in the advanced menu if I change a preset I get the on screen message "FX preset": well really I wanted to carry it over from the last one I edited via the front panel (like the scale & root): I don't want to adjust it again every time I change voice. Is all working as it should, or is my update bugged?

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:54 am

rkram53 wrote:Bichuelo,
I really think you should open up a ticket with Moog and get direct support for the screen issue.

What transposition is set for the patch you ran F#1-F#6 on?
If Root is F and Scale is Ionian and transposition is set to 0, then F#s should not be played. Again I would bring this up with Moog if that is really the case.

Rich
Thanks, I just sent an email to support regarding the screen issue.

Regarding the other problem, I see that it is only the low note which is always played, no matter which scale or root it is set to, but the high note works as expected. Does anyone else have the same behavior?
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:47 pm

It seems that Firmware 1.1.1 fixes the screen issue: http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22962