Theremini editor App - is it Not working for anyone else on

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.
rickreid

Theremini editor App - is it Not working for anyone else on

Post by rickreid » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:50 pm

i updated my iPad Air to iOS 8.1 the same week that the Theremini editor app was released. One day the app worked perfectly. The next day it didn't. Has anyone else had this problem?

Recently I updated to 8.1.1 with the same result.

I did some troubleshooting and it seems that MIDI is not passing through the Lightning to USB camera connector cable. MIDI does work through my iRig interface. So, the problem probably has something to do with the adapter cable. Can these cables fail? Or is this more likely a bug in iOS 8.1? Is there a workaround?

Thanks for any help.
Claravox Centennial, Etherwave Standard, Etherwave Plus, Theremini, Slim Phatty, Werkstatt, Mother32, Minitaur, Moogerfoogers, Minifoogers * Theremin30.com * StylophoneMuseum.com * RickReid.com

rickreid

Re: Theremini editor App - is it Not working for anyone else

Post by rickreid » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:39 pm

After I posted my original message, I decided to buy a new lightning-to-usb adapter cable. I had thought that was the least likely cause of the problem, but everything worked fined when I tried the new adapter.

I can't figure out how my original adapter could suddenly fail like that. Weird! I had used the adapter for a total of about 3 hours over the course of the 6 months I had it. Apparently, it was just a coincidence that the adapter failed on the same day that I updated my iPad to iOS 8.1. An employee at the store where I bought both the original and new adapters said I may be able to get a refund for the bad adapter from an official Apple Store.
Claravox Centennial, Etherwave Standard, Etherwave Plus, Theremini, Slim Phatty, Werkstatt, Mother32, Minitaur, Moogerfoogers, Minifoogers * Theremin30.com * StylophoneMuseum.com * RickReid.com