Does anyone use moogerfoogers with their theremin?

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.
Darnoc

Re: Does anyone use moogerfoogers with their theremin?

Post by Darnoc » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:15 pm

this is not completely correct. im drinking a coke not a "apfelschorle" :-)
but all the other statements from nico are true.

hi folks, i am harald aka darnoc needi (here in forum and in some 3-d worlds like second live and so on).
to make the typical "fazitsound" i use for my theremin an laptop and running cubase 3sx on it.
cubase give me a lot of possibilities for sound shaping. i use tons of vst-plugins to realize it,
and the best of this solution is, all my equipment fits in a small case fore easy railroad - airplane - traveling ;-)

i think the moogerfooger solution have a better direct access to the parameters, without fideling with mouse
and computerkeys during the session. but i work on a solution with knob/fader - boxes to remote my cubase.
darnoc
stay tuned

moogyman

Re: Does anyone use moogerfoogers with their theremin?

Post by moogyman » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:03 am

rlainhart wrote:Thomas Zunk, whom I performed with at Avantgarde Festival Schiphorst 2010 in Germany over the Fourth of July weekend, uses an Etherwave Theremin with several Moogerfoogers, including the Ring Mod (I don't know all the details of his setup, I'm afraid.)

I've just posted recordings of two of our improvs on my SoundCloud page here:

http://soundcloud.com/rlainhart

and an HD video clip of the first improv here:

http://www.vimeo.com/13276765

which might provide a bit more insight.
I really enjoyed listening to your Sound Cloud improvisations with Thomas Zunk - I have also played theremin with the Ring Modulator, it seems Thomas largely used it with a tasteful subtlety.

Using phaser can lend the theremin the quality of big rounded vocalization if used sparingly - not quite like a talk box, but something with the resonance of a human oral cavity and nasopharynx. Very much enjoyed your Sound Cloud. Thank you for sharing.
Moogyman :lol:

Mandatory Cape Law: All keyboardists playing more than 4 keyboards at a gig must wear a cape. Unless one keyboard is a mellotron, then the keyboardist must wear a cape regardless of number.