Etherwave Pro 220V What is the Power (

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.
regmtait

Etherwave Pro 220V What is the Power (

Post by regmtait » Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:12 am

Hello, I've got an urgent technical question. I hope there's someone to help over this festive season. I've travelled from the UK to Japan for a gig, and I've taken my Etherwave Pro and 220V power supply with me. I now need to buy a voltage transformer. My question: What is the power (W) of the unit? I need to know this in order to choose the correct transformer. I'd really appreciate a quick reply. Arigato.

regmtait

standard etherwave

Post by regmtait » Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:18 am

it`s the standard Etherwave rather than the Etherwave Pro.

bblumenthal

Re: Etherwave Pro 220V What is the Power&#122

Post by bblumenthal » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:35 pm

regmtait wrote:Hello, I've got an urgent technical question. I hope there's someone to help over this festive season. I've travelled from the UK to Japan for a gig, and I've?taken my Etherwave Pro and 220V power supply with me. I now need to buy a voltage transformer. My question: What is the power (W) of the unit? I need to know this in order to choose the correct transformer. I'd really appreciate a quick reply. Arigato.
Going by your follow-up post and assuming you have the standard Etherwave, the kit I just built, the power supply that came with it specifies an output of 14VDC at 200 mA, which I believe gives a wattage of 2.8 watts. The manual also specifies that the theremin would draw 30 milliamperes on a battery supply of +/- 18V, which yields a wattage of 540 milliwatts. I think.. I'm just a musician, not a licensed electronic engineer. Somebody correct me if my calculations are wrong.

Hope that helps a bit..

Barry

regmtait

Post by regmtait » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:30 am

thanks Barry.