MF-105M MIDI MuRF Accessory (Suggestion)

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
toryjames

MF-105M MIDI MuRF Accessory (Suggestion)

Post by toryjames » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:17 pm

What do you think? Would others find this useful?
It would be nice to have a small black box that plugs into the MIDI port of the MIDI MuRF (it could have a thru, to allow simultaneous connection of other devices) with two knobs and two switches, allowing hands-on access to the advanced parameters: LFO Rate, Env Scale, Staccato, Triplets. It might be daisy-chained to the MuRF's AC adapter or battery powered.

latigid on

Re: MF-105M MIDI MuRF Accessory (Suggestion)

Post by latigid on » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:08 pm

Great idea! How small are we talking? You would need a programmable micro though as you have a few modules (digital scanning of switches and pots or encoders, merging the MIDI to be fed into the MuRF etc.). Thru is pretty easy to accomplish.

I'm sure devices like this already exist, lmgtfy:

http://www.novationmusic.com/products/m ... rs/nocturn

Also http://www.faderfox.de/

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:10 pm

The nocturn is USB only, so you'll need other hardware to connect it to the murf and have a thru. The Behringer BCR2000 or novation zero sl mk2 might be a bit big but would accomplish what the OP was asking for. I was considering the novation zero for this and other tasks (bust open the menus in the LP). I thought it would be nice to have all the controls of the murf on one large surface. The long faders on the zero mk2 seemed like a great way to play the filter levels on the Murf. Until, I read in the manual CCs 20-27 controls filter levels, "the pattern clock is stopped and the CC value sets the volume ..."

Does the pattern clock stop in OS 1.8 when filter levels are controlled by CCs?

If so, can this be changed in a future OS? Is there a reason someone would want the pattern clock to stop when they adjust the level by CCs? Is this to avoid stepping that can be caused by 7-bit midi CCs?

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:45 pm

Bah, this one's USB only too?! Jeeze, I thought it was just the Korg Nanos.

Something like this would be a pretty cool remote controller

frabo

Post by frabo » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:32 pm

..."Does the pattern clock stop in OS 1.8 when filter levels are controlled by CCs?.."

YES ! this is very bad ! It also stoped when I move a filter in the editor ...

:-((

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:03 am

Bummer. :(