Pattern Editor for Mac not opening saved patterns

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
mattywashington

Pattern Editor for Mac not opening saved patterns

Post by mattywashington » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:35 pm

Hello all,

I just recently purchased a MIDI MuRF and I can honestly say getting to know this beast has been simply amazing. It really does keep me on my toes.

My question comes to the pattern editor. I had a pattern that I saved for later use that I can no longer access. I noticed there was no extension when saving, but I figured that it would read regardless. Next day I tried to open that pattern again, and it showed up blank. Is there something that I'm doing wrong? If so, a nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

This forum look awesome, and can't wait to contribute when possible.

Many thanks,

Matty

BTW I'm running Logic Pro on OSX 10.6.3

Amos

Re: Pattern Editor for Mac not opening saved patterns

Post by Amos » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:27 pm

Hi Matty, and welcome to the forum!

That sounds like a question for Soundtower, the developers of the MuRF pattern editor.
You can reach them at editors at soundtower dot com... please post when you find out more info!

Thanks,

Amos

mattywashington

Post by mattywashington » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:05 am

Many thanks for the direction to soundtower. I emailed them, and sent them a test pattern and they are going to look over it...I will post their reply when I get it.

Matty

hieronymous

Post by hieronymous » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:40 pm

Have you tried just adding on the correct extension? I have no experience with this particular program, but I've had that happen with other programs, like Word for example...

mattywashington

Post by mattywashington » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:19 pm

When you go to load a saved pattern, it just searches for all files, and not for a specific extension. Same when you save the pattern, doesn't list a specific extension it uses. I checked the manual, and there isn't an extension specified that it uses either, so it kind of makes it hard to guess what it'd use.

Sound Tower asked for the pattern files I had saved and they are analyzing them now. I am waiting to hear back from them so see what the verdict is.