Moogerfoogers in Voyager Ext. Input

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
djthomaswhite

Moogerfoogers in Voyager Ext. Input

Post by djthomaswhite » Sun May 16, 2010 11:07 pm

Hi all,

I uploaded some videos of different Moogerfoogers being used as 4th oscillators into the Voyager OS. In particular I spent a bit of time on the MF-107 Freqbox to shows that it works great as a 4th VCO (over 2.5 octaves of tracking). How you dig!

LINK One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqBe36pKnRQ

LINK Two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAgRfsPyYYQ

"DISCLAIMER: This is not a performance or demonstration of my musical ability. This is a demo of gear features, by a gear geek, for other gear geeks. If you are looking for less talking and more music this is not the place for you. I rant, I editorialize, and I generally BS my way through this for 20 minutes of self-important rambling. But some may enjoy it. Mom says, if you don't like it, change the channel. Thanks and with respect, Thomas.

VIDEO OVERVIEW: In these videos you will find a demonstration of how Moogerfooger Analog Effects pedals can be integrated with the external input of the Moog Voyager, original and Old School. The ultimate goal is to demonstrate how the MF-101 Low Pass Filter, MF-102 Ring Modulator, MF-103 Phase Shifter and MF-107 Freqbox can be integrated via the Ext Input Jack to serve as additional oscillator sources in the audio spectrum. Basic patching for all patches involve pitch CV Out of the Voyager feeding the Freq CV Input of each device to control pitch. Some Moogerfoogers track better than others, but you may be able to see something useful in all of them.

Part 1 includes an overview of the MF-101 Low Pass Filter, MF-102 Ring Mod, and MF-103 Phase Shifter.

Part 2 includes the much debated MF-107 FreqBox and a demonstration of how it tracks pitch as a 4th VCO into the Voyager specifically. (Nicely I might add, although not perfectly for more than a couple of octaves).

These units were chosen due to having an oscillator out and frequency input to control said oscillator."

Thomas
Thomas

Whitewash Minimoog Voyager Old School SN#0218, Little Phatty Tribute 2.0 SN#0661, MF-101, MF-103, MF-104 (Original), MF-105, Moog Source (100% rebuilt from fried board up!)

tubeampguy

Re: Moogerfoogers in Voyager Ext. Input

Post by tubeampguy » Mon May 17, 2010 9:13 pm

Hey Thomas, I watched your video a couple of times, great stuff! Post more Moogerfooger videos please.

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Tue May 18, 2010 9:54 pm

Agreed, thanks for these Thomas! Entertaining and informative... despite the sometimes shaky video.
zoozither.com

filosofem

Post by filosofem » Wed May 19, 2010 1:07 am

You were right Thomas, a tutorial by a geek for a geek. Thank you, an interesting study.

filosofem
Aaron Mulqueen: Moog Subsequent 37 - MF 104M

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed May 19, 2010 2:12 am

According to GregAE and the Lord of the Ringmod document

The Ringmod will accurately track the Voyager's keyboard at 0.7 V/oct when the attenuator of the Vx351 is set to around 7 (2:00).

Once everything has had a chance to warm up and the temperature is stable enough, the RIngmod will perform wonderfully as a 4th Oscillator for the Voyager. Measurably moreso than the Freqbox will.

Just in a few minutes of testing prior to adding this sentance to the post, the Freqbox tracked pretty well over the majority of the keyboard with the attenuation all the way clockwise. It did better with this setting than with no attenuation at all. It was starting to get unacceptably flat after 2.5 octaves or so. I didn't try it with the Osc out to Audio in setting.

The Osc Out to Audio in setting aparently doesn't need to be done.

Respetfully,
Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

derekmather

Post by derekmather » Thu May 20, 2010 1:20 pm

cool demos. :D
If the brain was simple enough that we could understand it, we'd be simple enough that we couldn't understand it.