MF-103 Phaser Questions

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Nitrofunk

MF-103 Phaser Questions

Post by Nitrofunk » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:19 pm

Hi Folks!
Two questions regarding the Moogerfooger MF-103 Phaser:
1) Is the Input-Button still active when the Phasing-Effect is bypassed/deactivated, so that you can use the Pedal as a Booster *without* the Phasing-Effect?
2) Is this unit really quiet in Terms of noise/hiss? I've had bad experiences with other "boutique"-Pedals such as the T-Rex Tremonti-Phaser in terms of Background-Noise. Is there an audible hiss/"swooosh"-Background?

Thanks for your Answers!
Peter

latigid on

Re: MF-103 Phaser Questions

Post by latigid on » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:50 pm

Hi and welcome.

The phaser is pretty quiet, I think they designed it well. Should be good as long as you use the right sort of power system (individual wall warts are best).

The Output Level control only affects the wet/effected signal. The Drive control affects both effected and bypassed signals, so could be used as a boost function. Is that what you mean?

derekmather

Post by derekmather » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:28 pm

What I do with the Phaser is I have it as a Boost, then I turn the Amount all the way down to zero, and assign an Expression Pedal to Sweep. Then its a boost and it only phases when you move the expression pedal. You can get some good rock distortion with the Drive all the way up. When using using it with drive all the way up make sure the Moog EP is all the way up too.
:D
If the brain was simple enough that we could understand it, we'd be simple enough that we couldn't understand it.

derekmather

Post by derekmather » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:39 pm

just demoed the pedal. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLqMqRgjJMI around 3:48 i talk about the boost capabilities.
If the brain was simple enough that we could understand it, we'd be simple enough that we couldn't understand it.