New found love for the CP-251

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Benjamin AM

New found love for the CP-251

Post by Benjamin AM » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:28 am

When I first started messing around with this device I had a little buyers remorse. I felt that it was sort of a one trick pony. Recently I discovered that it is far more versatile than I had first expected. I primarily use it as a source of LFO's/noise/ and S+H at a turn of a knob. Now I have discovered that it integrates my vintage Rogue to be played easier from a remote source. This is because the Rouge's 0 volt note is F. As far as I note, it is pretty much a standard to have the (close to) 0 volt note to be E. So previously, unless I wanted to detune the keyboard, the Rogue would play transposed semitones rather than in tune. This can be adjusted with the offset knob on the mixer without any attenuation, plus CV modulation can be added. How great is that? Now I just need another mixer.
Little Phatty Stage II, Rogue, Cp-251, Soldering Iron

Just Me

Re: New found love for the CP-251

Post by Just Me » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:39 pm

They are of such little use that I have had to buy two of them! :D I use them for nearly everysound I make.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:51 pm

Its seven one-trick-ponies in one unit.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

soundxplorer

Post by soundxplorer » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:35 am

Spaceman Seven wrote:Yeah, I found I needed another mixer too once I discovered so many uses for the CP-251!
Yep, one mixer is not enough.
Gear: Moog LP, Gibson LP, lots of FX

moremagic

Post by moremagic » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:47 am

I've come up with approx a million and a half ideas for one, now to come up with the bucks!

the only thing i'm worried about is the reports on the low voltage level of the noise outs -- is this a problem?

also, can anyone tell me how fast the S&H can sample (can it sample at low audio rates if triggered externally, perhaps?)

soundxplorer

Post by soundxplorer » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:33 pm

moremagic wrote:the only thing i'm worried about is the reports on the low voltage level of the noise outs -- is this a problem?
also, can anyone tell me how fast the S&H can sample (can it sample at low audio rates if triggered externally, perhaps?)
The noise and S&H have not bothered me at all. If someone on this board hadn't mentioned the "problem" I would have gone on using it in blissful ignorance just like I was already.

I don't know if the S&H has a "limit" to how fast it responds. Good question, but one that I can't test out right now.
Gear: Moog LP, Gibson LP, lots of FX