ep2 and cp251

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
panamabirthcanal

ep2 and cp251

Post by panamabirthcanal » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:56 pm

couldn't find the question of whether the exp pedal works in any way with the cp251.

acorkos

Post by acorkos » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:43 pm

panamabirthcanal

Post by panamabirthcanal » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:10 pm

thanks, but it doesnt mention the ep2. my cp does not want to respond to the ep2 for some reason.

acorkos

Post by acorkos » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:01 pm

the manual mentions the discontinued EP-1, which was replaced by the EP-2. Any expression pedal with a TRS plug would work.

your EP-2 has an adjustment pot on the side....have you tweaked that to make sure the pedal is in the right range? try the EP-2 into the red volume jack on your voyager...does it affect the output volume of the voyager? if not, your pedal has a problem.

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:27 pm

Plug the EP into the red (or white ring) jack for the LFO. Turn the LFO rate knob fully counter clockwise. Push the peadl forward. The red led should blink faster as you do this. If not, something is wrong either with the EP, or there is a TS plug plugged into one of the input jacks of the CP.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:46 am

Just Me wrote:or there is a TS plug plugged into one of the input jacks of the CP.
From memory, the +5V supplies are isolated for each module on the 251. Plugging a TS cable in a red/white ringed socket shouldn't affect other sockets (IIRC).

OP, the others are alluding to the fact that the EP-1/2 does not constitute a CV source unless it's powered. This is accomplished by plugging into the special red/white sockets on a CP-251 or one labeled by white highlighting on a Moogerfooger.

panamabirthcanal

Post by panamabirthcanal » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:22 pm

I have a powered cv pedal that works fine. I am not sure what happened to my expression pedal. So the mult module is supposed to spit out cv's with just a pot pedal?

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:25 pm

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/wp-co ... cp-251.jpg

The mult has a white-ringed socket. Therefore, you can plug an expression pedal in to this socket (only) and have a CV multiplied to three destinations.

panamabirthcanal

Post by panamabirthcanal » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:27 pm

Saw this on the website:

Update! - The CP-251 now comes with active attenuators that additionally allow you to invert and attenuate the control voltages.

I think I have the older version, because it has the white rings around the the input sockets. Does that mean my cp does not have active attenuators?

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:41 pm

The white ring units are the new ones with the active attenuators.
The Mult does not modify the CV in anyway. It just allows CVs to be routed to multiple points or multiple CV's to route to one point. (But you have to watch out they don't sum to a voltage higher than the input can handle.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:42 am

Just Me wrote:or multiple CV's to route to one point.
Sorry, don't mean to be rude, but we should not confuse the newbie.

The "golden rule" of mults is that you don't plug more than one CV source into them. Mixers are better for this purpose.

panamabirthcanal

Post by panamabirthcanal » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:26 am

I know what the functions of the cp are, I was just wondering about the ep2 and if it was supposed to work like a powered CV pedal when plugged into the cp's inputs, because mine wasn't

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:04 am

Maybe you didn't plug into the correct socket.

Maybe it's broken.