Question about Moogerfoogers in general

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Joe

Question about Moogerfoogers in general

Post by Joe » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:15 pm

I just got my MF102 in before I left for work. I did get to cuddle with it a bit before I left. The knobs are firm and its solid. My question is the stomp switch. It it smooth action or is there supposed to be a click when turning it on and off? I do not have a click and I'm hoping this is the way its supposed to be.
Little Phatty Stage II, CP-251, MF-102

mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:24 pm

Fear not, that's exactly how the switch works, no click.

Congrats on the new 'Fooger! :D

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:02 pm

mayidunk wrote:Fear not, that's exactly how the switch works, no click.

Congrats on the new 'Fooger! :D
Thanks, Now I need to figure out my next step. The Midi MuRF, MF 101, the MP201, or the Little Phatty Mod. One at a time. Any suggestions.

gazer

Post by gazer » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:27 pm

Start by collecting all the moogerfoogers then the lp mod and the mp201. Those will be much more useful to you then because you will have a gang load of cv ins to control. That's my opinion.

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:31 pm

Id think about getting a fooger that has a dual use. For example you might want to get a Midi Murf because you shoudl be able to sync it to your phatty AND modulate its audio.

Or you might want a 101 so you can filter out things and THEN have a pseudo Oscillator when you get your phatty mod.

Think about something that you can get the most use out of now, and possibly expand on that usage when you get your cv mods. FOr example, don't get something that you can't benefit from until you get your mods or you might regret your purchase.

Can't say about the mp201, but I think that id want more than just a 102 and the phatty to utilize everything that has. Might want to wait until later on that.

just my opinion.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:02 pm

My next fooger buy would be the CP-251 if I only had the LP and 102. You've got a lowpass filter in the LP, so the 101 might not need to be your first buy. CP-251+MF-102 is a super CV powerhouse in terms of modulation power and possibilities.

Honestly though, consider getting the LP output mod ASAP, those outputs will allow you to use the 102 as another oscillator, as well as be able to modulate the heck out of the 102.
www.ctrlshft.com

Joe

Thanks Guys

Post by Joe » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:04 pm

I think I'm going to go with the MIDI MuRF next. I have the CP-251 and I notice that several folks have two. I am trying to wrap my head around this stuff so I am trying to add on at a pace that will not cause my brain to implode. Then again that could be a good thing. Thanks Ya'll!

CTRLSHFT

Re: Thanks Guys

Post by CTRLSHFT » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:38 pm

Joe wrote:I think I'm going to go with the MIDI MuRF next. I have the CP-251 and I notice that several folks have two. I am trying to wrap my head around this stuff so I am trying to add on at a pace that will not cause my brain to implode. Then again that could be a good thing. Thanks Ya'll!
missed that part about the 251; Midi murf sounds like a great compliment to the studio!
www.ctrlshft.com