MIDI Murf Manual

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
toryjames

MIDI Murf Manual

Post by toryjames » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:23 pm

Questions answered, the manual is now online.

Bryan B

Post by Bryan B » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:06 pm

Sweet! Thanks for posting this. I stopped checking their site daily a few weeks ago.
MemoryMoog Plus (with Kenton Midi Upgrade Kit) MF-101 Lowpass Filter, MF-102 Ring Mod, MF-103 Stage Phaser, MF104M Delay, MF-105M MIDI MuRF, MF-107 Freq Box, MF-108M ClusterFlux and CP-251 Control Processor.

Bryan B

Post by Bryan B » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:57 pm

Holy Wow! The midi implementation is way more in depth than I was expecting. This is very good news, thank you Moog Music!

The Note On section under the midi info is blowing my mind:

Mute Mode (mutes any of the filters)
Trigger Mode (Triggers the envelope cycle and stops)
Sustain Mode (plays as long as the note is held)

All 8 filters can be used at the same time.

The clock divisions sound awesome, the EQ mode with cc's for each slider sound unbelievable, you can now use midi notes for step mode and the ability to use cc's for eavery knob and slider are beyond excellent and useful in many more ways than the original.

The only question I have is under the LFO/Sweep Midi section. What does this mean? "When the LFO is OFF, CC3 Values shift the 8 filters’ frequencies."

Oh yeah and when do I get mine in the mail if I ordered it a few days after they were announced from Nova Musik?
MemoryMoog Plus (with Kenton Midi Upgrade Kit) MF-101 Lowpass Filter, MF-102 Ring Mod, MF-103 Stage Phaser, MF104M Delay, MF-105M MIDI MuRF, MF-107 Freq Box, MF-108M ClusterFlux and CP-251 Control Processor.

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:33 am

Bryan B wrote:The only question I have is under the LFO/Sweep Midi section. What does this mean? "When the LFO is OFF, CC3 Values shift the 8 filters’ frequencies."
This is the case for the OS MuRF; when you are in Bank A the expression input LFO/SWEEP sweeps the filters' frequencies. In Bank B the same expression input will adjust the LFO rate controlling the even-numbered filters.

>> the best I can remember without reading the manual.

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:10 am

How can one NOT like MM's writing style ?

Excerpt from the Midi Murf manual :

1. Unpack your MF-105M. Place it on a table while you become familiar with its controls and connections. Gently pat the wooden side pieces of your new moogerfooger to let it know that it has found its new home and that it will be well cared for.

And how come I don't get the same urge toward my new waffle iron? Rhetorical question only, no need to answer that (but it's a free country)
8)

Thanks MM, this is the Murf I was waiting for.