Beating a dead horse ?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
slabwax

Re: Daily (sort of) update

Post by slabwax » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:32 am

Friggin' AWESOME! If you could offer the enclosures, or panels or whatever on E-Bay, I will totally be your #1 customer! :mrgreen:[/quote]

At this point I don't see myself selling these on ebay to forum brethren. I'm not looking to make a dime off of us. I would just need people to commit to buying and pool our money together to make it happen. I don't have the money to bank roll this whole thing. Down the road after the first wave of users I'll think about marketing but for right now think of it as group field trip and I'm just driving the bus.

My tech friend also said he would be willing to do the mod for $50.00 an hour. We think it should take 1.5 -2 hrs to complete. Alot of the time will be dismantling the unit and then putting humpy dumpy back together again. So take it apart save some cash. If you know your way around a soldering iron this should be pretty inexpensive.

There is one more element to this that I should be able to talk about this week end.

Dean

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:50 am

slabwax, have you got a way to accept pre-payment? PayPal or such? I am interested in being an early adapter, and I can do the work myself no problem. I just need the panel. Thanks so much for looking into this! :D
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:41 pm

Voltor,

Thanks for being the first to pony up. I'll let you know when we have it all together.

Also how do you all see yourself mounting these? Table top laying flat grouped together like a giant pedalboard? Or mounted 3 up 3 down in a rack type enclosure ? Or as a modular synth type set up? My guess is 6 across would be 32" wide. Or lastly one by one on a table top or floor like they were originally designed. Also keep in mind we will be adding apox. 2.5" to the total length of the Fooger.

Dean

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:35 pm

I'll be interested too. LMK
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:35 pm

slabwax wrote:Also keep in mind we will be adding apox. 2.5" to the total length of the Fooger.

Dean
Dean, I am wondering that if you were looking to add length to the unit, why not just desolder/disconnect the socket assembly and bend the panel to be flush with the top plate? All of the holes and labels will be there, albeit the text will be upside down.

I still think I am going to go with new panels (CP-251 style) as I feel not only the patch-ability but also the space/mounting constraints are important. Once all the wrinkles are ironed and I have working examples, I would be happy to offer service or parts for others. This could also include customisation/ built-in attenuators etc..

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:47 am

slabwax wrote:Voltor,

Thanks for being the first to pony up. I'll let you know when we have it all together.

Also how do you all see yourself mounting these? Table top laying flat grouped together like a giant pedalboard?
You're welcome, thank you, and yes. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:54 pm

I got my first quote for the metal bits.

At fifty pieces we are looking at somewhere between $10.00-$12.00. If we can put together an order for 75 -100 it drops to around 5 or six bucks. I'll order 10, six for the current units and a few more for if I ever double up on a couple or if Moog ever comes up with a MF-106. Powder coating is $2-3 and printing is a buck or two. Not bad $10-$17 depending on how many we order.

Next question, can some who is good with photo shop get me 1: a to scale mock up of the jack holes including the small wood screw holes? I think emailing them to me in a pdf would be good. 2: Also to scale the jack labeling for the silk printing.

I'm hope to hear on the next bit today. Wood caps for the new panels. both small adaptors and complete new side panels. That would be the easiest mount but of course the most costly. Stephen from synthwood works in my neighborhood (small world).

Dean