MF-104Z Analog Delay Spillover Mod

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Jumbo Fuzz

Post by Jumbo Fuzz » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:30 am

ColorForm2113 wrote:Now when you switch it back on, does the delay stop or can you continue adding to the "loop" of delay feedback?
I've never played a delay that had a spillover option that would allow you to keep adding to the loop of delay feedback. I am not a tech person, but I don't think that can be done internally. I would think you would need something like a two amp setup and an amp switcher to achieve that kind of control

Jumbo Fuzz

Post by Jumbo Fuzz » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:20 pm

FYI -- For those curious about the questions I was raising, I received this email from Moog's Tech Support:
Moog's Tech Support wrote:Yes, you can still manipulate the delay time in spillover mode with the switch and knob.

Yes, the spillover can be sent through the effect's loop.

Basically, the mod keeps the mix knob active. No new audio is sent to the delay circuit. However, any audio left inside the delay circuit can still be heard and manipulated. With the feedback knob turned up all the way, for example, the delayed signal will keep on going.

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:18 pm

Maybe a worded that wrong, but you know when you crank up the feedback and just play a "C", the C keeps repeating on and on. Then play a "G" and the "C" doesn't just vanish they kinda get blurred together a little until the G takes over. I guess that's the best way I can desribe it. I know it won't function like an actual looper were you can just keep overdubbing
My modular so far: Q104, Q106 x2, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, Mixer and Mankato playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M x2 ( STEREO!) Volca Beats and Bass, Arturia Beat step

Jumbo Fuzz

Post by Jumbo Fuzz » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:48 pm

I get what you are saying. I don’t know if this is the case with the Moog or not, but in my experience with spillovers, when you reactive the bypass switch, the old content disappears. It's almost like a reset button.

Moog Tech gave me a quick response, you should email (through the form on this site) and clear this up.