Introducing the MF-105M MIDI MuRF

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
toryjames

Post by toryjames » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:39 pm

My MF-101 is S/N 5073. It's only a couple years old and has thru-hole (not SMT) components.

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:12 pm

toryjames wrote:My MF-101 is S/N 5073. It's only a couple years old and has thru-hole (not SMT) components.
Thanks for the info, guess they must still be doin' it old skool for the 101. :)
www.ctrlshft.com

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:01 pm

How would I know? I just opened the bottom of my MF-101, ser. 8069 to see inside. I can only see the bottom of the PCB without going further unbuilding the unit, but from the look of the PCB, there's some SMT on top for sure.

MC

Post by MC » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:04 pm

I downloaded the MIDIMurf software.

My only WinXP computer is an Acer Netbook.

The problem is the interface is chopped off below the peak LEDs due to the limited resolution of the netbook. If there are any controls down there, I can't get to them.

I'm going to peek in the PDF, hoping to find hotkeys to get there or to scale the interface (which is cool BTW)
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:04 am

MC wrote:I downloaded the MIDIMurf software.

The problem is the interface is chopped off below the peak LEDs due to the limited resolution of the netbook. If there are any controls down there, I can't get to them.

I'm going to peek in the PDF, hoping to find hotkeys to get there or to scale the interface (which is cool BTW)
I have the Mac version but I suspect the PC version is the same in that there is an "advanced" option for LFO Rate and ENV scale (knobs) plus fake switches for Staccato off/on and Triplets off/on.

The Mac version is fixed meaning that it won't scale to screen resolution. I think this is due to the fancy picture that they took and photoshopped to look exactly like the MurF. It's quite nice.

Hope you get it adjusted soon, it's a great piece of software especially for building your own patterns (the rest of it is just novel as far as modifying parameters).

-Mike W. from NJ
[/img]

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:27 am

MC wrote:I downloaded the MIDIMurf software.

I know exactly what you mean. Not satisfied, with a standard size Sony Vaio, I selected a high-end netbook, because of the outstanding performance of it's audio card. The lower resolution was a problem in the beginning, but since I write almost all the music software I use, I reworked my recording software to fit the display.

At this time, the Midi-Murf pattern editor is the only piece of software I would like to use on the netbook but they are not a good match. I think (from memory) that there is a way to move the main screen panel just what it takes for all of the controls to be accessible with the mouse or keyboard, but it's not very convenient.

1024 x 600 resolution is a lot less resolution than a typical notebook, but the small size, weight, and long battery life are making Netbooks a truly portable solution, at last. There's a lot of Netbooks in my future: I selected them as the base of a work project.

I would love a redesigned Midi-Murf pattern editor that would fit in 600 vertical pixels (minus the task bar).