A new Moog delay

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
aaronharmon

Re: A new Moog delay

Post by aaronharmon » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:51 pm

I guess technically that would have been a digital delay though, so you can't blame Moog.

machetemirage

Post by machetemirage » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:10 am

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3804194/2012-0 ... .01.25.jpg

From the sweetwater catalog. Not a perfect scan, but you can see everything.

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:12 am

Also
http://medialink.sweetwater.com/m83/pro ... t-gear.pdf

p91, as mentioned. Warning: >100 MB .pdf

The loop is gone (at least in terms of a In/Out switch and gain setting) but that's not to say it isn't there a la the ClusterFlux

Croyote

Re: 104M!

Post by Croyote » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:16 am

I looked at that catalog (which nearly crashed my rinkydink computer) and funnily enough they used a stock photo of the 104z :lol:

It could be a hoax . . .but if it's not . ..

I've been a regular ClusterFlux user, and if I had a good set of recordings I could warp y'alls minds with the combinations I've created with the Feedback Loop (from insanely clipped bluesy tube tones to mind-shattering icicle echoes to Robo-Sex-Cop apocalypse) :mrgreen: Unfortunately, I don't have those recordings because some of the tape got put on hold.

On to my suggestions: :idea:

1.Make the LFO waveform selector a smooth glide knob – This is my favorite feature of the Mf-107. The shifting knob is a pain in the a$$. Give us gradients and waveform variants, the gray areas.

2. in addition to the smooth glide, give us the Smooth Random as a permanent feature on the face of the pedal. It is far more useful than the almost wacky Sample and Hold wave IMHO.

3. Whatever happened to the "Escallonated" Wave?!

4. Give us LFO OUT (Even if you have to drill a jack in the side!) :shock:

5. YAY! to a single jack FB loop. I found this to be a much better on the fly option for live performance!

6.I like everything else I'm seeing . . .tap tempo for LFO or Delay . . .but is a SYNC option for both possible?!

The Cluster-Flux has been my favorite and most used pedal in the last 6 months, I've used it for everything from Classical/Flamenco guitar gigs (to give a little more subtle movement and shimmer), Jazz gigs, Session work, and Rock jams. It's simply Awesome, but we all concur there are improvements to be made in the next step up! Please hear our pleas, beloved Moog designers! 8)

BHC303

Post by BHC303 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:57 am

Holly crap I hope this is for real and I can land one :mrgreen:

aaronharmon

Post by aaronharmon » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:13 am

Croyote wrote:I looked at that catalog (which nearly crashed my rinkydink computer) and funnily enough they used a stock photo of the 104z :lol:

It could be a hoax . . .but if it's not . ..

I've been a regular ClusterFlux user, and if I had a good set of recordings I could warp y'alls minds with the combinations I've created with the Feedback Loop (from insanely clipped bluesy tube tones to mind-shattering icicle echoes to Robo-Sex-Cop apocalypse) :mrgreen: Unfortunately, I don't have those recordings because some of the tape got put on hold.

On to my suggestions: :idea:

1.Make the LFO waveform selector a smooth glide knob – This is my favorite feature of the Mf-107. The shifting knob is a pain in the a$$. Give us gradients and waveform variants, the gray areas.

2. in addition to the smooth glide, give us the Smooth Random as a permanent feature on the face of the pedal. It is far more useful than the almost wacky Sample and Hold wave IMHO.

3. Whatever happened to the "Escallonated" Wave?!

4. Give us LFO OUT (Even if you have to drill a jack in the side!) :shock:

5. YAY! to a single jack FB loop. I found this to be a much better on the fly option for live performance!

6.I like everything else I'm seeing . . .tap tempo for LFO or Delay . . .but is a SYNC option for both possible?!

The Cluster-Flux has been my favorite and most used pedal in the last 6 months, I've used it for everything from Classical/Flamenco guitar gigs (to give a little more subtle movement and shimmer), Jazz gigs, Session work, and Rock jams. It's simply Awesome, but we all concur there are improvements to be made in the next step up! Please hear our pleas, beloved Moog designers! 8)
I just got my cluster flux. How do you use that feedback loop? I didn't really understand it from the manual. How to you run the cables etc.

axisnms

Post by axisnms » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:37 pm

fishman77

Post by fishman77 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:23 pm

I'm sure you all saw this already, but Moog posted a pic on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram that pretty much confirms the new delay. I'm excited!
Adam
http://www.thesolutionmusic.com
Adam Embree
www.thesolutionmusic.com

Croyote

Post by Croyote » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:37 am

I just got my cluster flux. How do you use that feedback loop? I didn't really understand it from the manual. How to you run the cables etc.
You can either run any signal from a Control Processor such as the CP-251, Mp-201, etc into the FB insert jack via straight 1/4" cable . . . or you can go to your local Guitar Center and see if they have Monster Prolink Send-return cable on clearance like mine did. It has a single TRS plug connector attached to a send cable and TRS plug and a return cable TRS plug that feeds into the FB INSERT jack. You can use it to put any effect inside of the LFO. This is how I accomplish Smooth Random etc without Midi (or at least I try to, with potentially more interesting results)

It saves you so much cable and space real estate! It's one of the best innovations on a pedal (and a real reason for GC to bring the cables back into stock!)

BHC303

Post by BHC303 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:54 am

fishman77 wrote:I'm sure you all saw this already, but Moog posted a pic on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram that pretty much confirms the new delay. I'm excited!
Adam
http://www.thesolutionmusic.com
+ me :mrgreen:

BHC303

Post by BHC303 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:17 am

If this is for real, do you think this will increase the value or decrease the value of the MF104z?

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:30 am

Depends how long the delay on the new model is I guess.

Personally, I;m a LOT less interested in a second hand MF-104anything right now. :wink:

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:10 am

So far it looks to be the clusterflux's big mouthed brother - the one who has more to say.

It will be interesting to find out the functionality of it - does tap work for both LFO & delay, are there divisions? Is there a slew rate between tap syncs? Some exciting stuff could be achieved here!!

I'm sad to see the lack of CV outs. We haven't gotten a new CV out since the FB... And way before that the phaser... I thought Moogerfoogers were supposed to talk to one another, not get bossed around :D (which is very fun too!). CV out sets these apart from other effect modules on the market.
Last edited by Alien8 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

aaronharmon

Post by aaronharmon » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:01 am

Alien8 wrote:So far it looks to be the clusterflux's big mouthed brother - the one who has more to say.

It will be interesting to find out the functionality of it - does tap work for both LFO & delay, are ther divisions? Is there a slew rate between tap syncs? Some exciting stuff could be achieved here!!

I'm sad to see the lack of CV outs. We haven't gotten a new CV out since the FB... And way before that the phaser... I thought Moogerfoogers were supposed to talk to one another, not get bossed around :D
Yes tap tempo works for either LFO or delay, not sure it both at the same time though. How do you know there are no CV outs?

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:23 pm

The teaser pic from the Facebook site was pretty clear about that...
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.