A new Moog delay

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
ouijasaucer

A new Moog delay

Post by ouijasaucer » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:01 am

Based on posts on other threads, I'm trying to compile any information about reports that Moog Music is in the process of producing a new delay pedal with CV inputs and outputs.

What sources does anyone have for this information?

Has anyone heard when such an item might be available?

little doodler

Post by little doodler » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:33 am

again, i heard moog is working on a digital delay pedal.

aaronharmon

Re: A new Moog delay

Post by aaronharmon » Wed May 23, 2012 11:29 am

Ugh, I want another bucket brigade delay. I have a dozen digital delays : (

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun May 27, 2012 10:51 am

little doodler wrote:again, i heard moog is working on a digital delay pedal.
Where?
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed May 30, 2012 3:26 pm

EricK wrote:
little doodler wrote:again, i heard moog is working on a digital delay pedal.
Where?
little doodler posted that on Aug. 16, 2004. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

aaronharmon

Post by aaronharmon » Wed May 30, 2012 3:28 pm

I seriously doubt Moog would make a digital delay all the other products are analog.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed May 30, 2012 3:34 pm

aaronharmon wrote:I seriously doubt Moog would make a digital delay all the other products are analog.
Yes...however, Bob was not completely against digital technology. He probably would have liked to see his company make a DD that was like no other. A Moog DD with analog emulation, or something like that. There's no telling what was being planned EIGHT YEARS AGO, when Bob was still around.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

aaronharmon

Post by aaronharmon » Thu May 31, 2012 11:36 am

Voltor07 wrote:
aaronharmon wrote:I seriously doubt Moog would make a digital delay all the other products are analog.
Yes...however, Bob was not completely against digital technology. He probably would have liked to see his company make a DD that was like no other. A Moog DD with analog emulation, or something like that. There's no telling what was being planned EIGHT YEARS AGO, when Bob was still around.

Are you describing modeling? God I hope not. That would totally cheapen the brand. Everyone is doing modeling. Moog is a leader in analog technology not a follower in digital technology. I have no doubt that there will be digital components in the future, but they will more likely be controlling to analog hardware.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:08 pm

Eight years ago, analog modelling was being done even more poorly than now. I am certain that Bob would have wanted to build something that out performed any of the DD's on the market at that time. Of course, I could be wrong, and perhaps he would have wanted to do a digital/analog hybrid, were the analog circuits would provide the sound and digital circuits would be used to increase the delay time...but who knows?

Mr Shave

Post by Mr Shave » Thu May 31, 2012 7:40 pm

Didnt moog make a digital delay as part of the filtertron? And wasnt that a modeling delay also?

Just playing devils advocate here...

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:44 pm

Mr Shave wrote:Didnt moog make a digital delay as part of the filtertron? And wasnt that a modeling delay also?

Just playing devils advocate here...
Indeed. Of course, there's also the old Bomb Factory MoogerFooger software to take into account, as well. Moog hasn't rejected digital products, they just aren't known for their digital products. I think a DD or hybrid delay from Moog would be an interesting thing. Is a VC digital delay possible? THAT would be different. :)

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:00 am

This thread is terrible! Every time I see an update I think someone's actually got some news... :wink:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:56 am

Mike wrote:This thread is terrible! Every time I see an update I think someone's actually got some news... :wink:
There seems to be a delay in the delaying of an update regarding a delay that delays. :wink:

aaronharmon

Post by aaronharmon » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:03 pm

This has to be the oldest active thread on the internet LOL

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:09 pm

aaronharmon wrote:This has to be the oldest active thread on the internet LOL
There was a delay from people regarding a delay. :wink: