What instruments are you running through your moogerfoogers?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
D-rex

What instruments are you running through your moogerfoogers?

Post by D-rex » Wed May 20, 2009 1:53 pm

I'll start it off...

Vestax Controller One turntable/instrument through ring mod and murf (murf not pictured). [img][img]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i234/ ... G_4982.jpg[/img][/img]
DSI Tetra, Vestax Controller One, Rane TTM-56, MF-102, MF-105, Korg Kontrol 49

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed May 20, 2009 2:14 pm

Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

soundxplorer

Post by soundxplorer » Wed May 20, 2009 2:33 pm

Anything and everything.
When I got my FreqBox, the first thing I tried was playing my tenor sax through it. It worked out fairly well, but certain notes would "stick out" more than others, having a harder distorted edge to them, while 3/4 of the other pitches sounded smooth. That's just the nature of hard sync.

My favorite thing to hook up to the Foogers is my ES-1 Electribe sampler - especially sending the Left signal out to the Freq to generate a signal on the Envelope Follower, then sending the Right channel out as audio to be processed by whatever.
Gear: Moog LP, Gibson LP, lots of FX

mgrfgrmadness

Post by mgrfgrmadness » Wed May 20, 2009 4:31 pm

vocals, guitar, computer keyboards, and other foogers :D

Lux_Seeker

Post by Lux_Seeker » Wed May 20, 2009 5:05 pm

Guitar, vocal, computer synths (Reaktor especially), Korg M3, several special effects samples played directly from the Korg or from Ableton Live sometimes processed from Live as well and fooger to fooger and also a few other stomp boxes.

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Sun May 24, 2009 12:50 pm

drums and vocals primarily, followed by my synths. the mf-107 actually gets a lot more use as an extra oscillator for my phatty or xs than as an effects pedal. :)
www.ctrlshft.com

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue May 26, 2009 11:48 am

Ive run vocals, keyboards, drum machines, through ringmods and delays. I never tried to run my sax through anything yet. (Ringmod would be cool)

I like running a RHodes through Frexbox and RInd Mod. I also have never tried running a trumpet through anything either.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

kingtet

MF-101 used with a Dojo DLX

Post by kingtet » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:20 pm

I have been using my MF-101 low pass filter with my Goldtone Dojo DLX which is an electric banjo crossed with a dobro. I use Classical Indian tuning for this instrument. Hope you enjoy the sound.
Here is a link to a video of the Dojo and Moogerfooger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRpse1rrERc
King Tet

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:19 am

kingtet, I've never seen one of those before, but if I could play banjo or guitar well, I'd definitely want one! The dojo is AWESOME! :shock:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

DontBelievetheHype

Post by DontBelievetheHype » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:45 am

Wow that's an interesting instrument. Do you play any other instruments that use the same tuning, or did you just learn/adapt to it only for the Dojo?

Honestly what is a little more interesting to me at the moment.. and a little off-topic.. and weird... is that I know the layout of that livingroom... Im damn near positive that I spent many of my younger years in the same complex of single family homes called Portofino, right next to 'Serra High School' that this video was shot in. Ive never seen or heard of the guy but my mom owns a few houses there that she rents- and I lived in the exact same model for many years, as did many of my friends.

Maybe he lives in North Dakota or something and Im way off... but after watching that video, I would be money that I lived in the same area haha.. what a trip
Synth bass guitar rig including MS-20 filter clone, Paradox TZF, MF101, 102, 103, 107(x2), CP-251 and MP-201

Lux_Seeker

Re: MF-101 used with a Dojo DLX

Post by Lux_Seeker » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:31 am

kingtet wrote:I have been using my MF-101 low pass filter with my Goldtone Dojo DLX which is an electric banjo crossed with a dobro. I use Classical Indian tuning for this instrument. Hope you enjoy the sound.
Here is a link to a video of the Dojo and Moogerfooger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRpse1rrERc
King Tet
Nice Video. Clearly, the MF-101 works really well with this sound. It's subtle but there and someone just listening to this would probably not know that the sound is filtered which to me is the best kind of effect.

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:30 pm

Only my keyboard instruments, my Rhodes is always connected to the Ring Modulator for vibrato and the Phaser and Delay are connected to my auxiliary outputs on the mixer but I only use them to spice up my synths.
[size=75]"I like to play with electronic noise makers. I hope someone wants to listen, and if not, I'll still be up at 3 am making sequences in the dark, drinking coffee, and burning expensive incense." [i]Rod Modell[/i][/size]

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:05 am

Mostly one of my gongs but also a waterphone and prepared snare drum. Every now and then it sees the output of my LP. Percussion and Moogerfogers are made for each other.

Dean

bp

Post by bp » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:09 am

I want to try a Mellotron into a MURF / Phaser / Analog delay. It could be fun.
Support Live Music!

bp

Post by bp » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:19 am

slabwax wrote:Mostly one of my gongs but also a waterphone and prepared snare drum. Every now and then it sees the output of my LP. Percussion and Moogerfogers are made for each other.

Dean
Hand Drum and moogerfooger!
Support Live Music!