modulated delay effects with the 104

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
s16016wb

modulated delay effects with the 104

Post by s16016wb » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:13 pm

Has anyone had any sucess used the 104+251 for chorus/flange effects? I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't seem find a sweet spot between too weak an effect and too much pitch modulation. It seems to be a problem of either not getting the range delay times short enough or not getting the range narrow enough or possibly a combination.

Any suggestions?

Or does anyone have a recommendation for a non-moog (no!) chorus and/or flanger. I'd be using this mainly with my Voyager.

thanks

will

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:59 pm

Even at it's shortest delay time. It's still too long for proper flanging.

but for chorus and vibrato effects use the triangle wave, atinuated to your liking into the TIME of the 104

For cool pitching shifting effects use a square wave into the time.

godzilla

Post by godzilla » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:28 am

i have a rare boss digital sampler delay DSD 3
it's basically the same as a boss DD 3 digital delay
but you can use the 0.8 second memory time as a sample and play it by pressing the foot pedal
this feature isn't that brilliant
but it has a trigger input that does the same thing as the pedal
every time it receives a trigger signal the sample restarts
this works well when combined with my roland TR 606, using trigger the trigger outs, it's like having an extra sound to program only you can input it by choice
the only problem is when you turn the pedal off the memory is erased

the point is that the trigger input works when the pedal is in delay mode as well
my DSD 3 only goes down to 50 ms but by using the drum machine to reset each loop i can go as fast as the Tr 606 can go, which is pretty fast for a drum machine but for a delay pedal it's bleeping sonic the hedgehog

as the mf 104 has all sorts of cv inputs try using an analog drum machine in some way to speed up it's clock

by the way this effect isn't a completely natural delay and sounds weird
but so do flangers so what the heck

hope this has been of some use