well, moog didn't make it so....

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:58 pm

Voltor07 wrote:
tubeampguy wrote: My mistake! I should have gone to the Doepfer for the specs before posting. I just guessed by the picture and knowing that there other products are 1/8". I wonder if Doepfer CV is 5v +/- ? and are they using Moog protocol "TRS 1/4" to target Moog users?
I dunno. Modulars usually use 10-15vdc +/-. An attenuator would take care of that, though. :wink: And I'd be willing to bet that yes, they ARE trying to target Moog users.
definitely targeting. :) this has gotta be a direct response by doepfer to make friends w/ moogerfoogers; Moog started something big with these pedals, and I think Doepfer wants to get in on the action of it all for those who might not yet be ready for a full modular.

doepfer stuff from what i've seen uses 1v/oct and +5v gate so it'd work perfect w/ newer moog stuff. -/+12v for doepfer power i believe, but their LFO waveforms for example spit out +/- 2.5, so i don't think you'd even need to worry about attenuation. :)
www.ctrlshft.com

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:58 am

CTRLSHFT wrote: definitely targeting. :) this has gotta be a direct response by doepfer to make friends w/ moogerfoogers; Moog started something big with these pedals, and I think Doepfer wants to get in on the action of it all for those who might not yet be ready for a full modular.

doepfer stuff from what i've seen uses 1v/oct and +5v gate so it'd work perfect w/ newer moog stuff. -/+12v for doepfer power i believe, but their LFO waveforms for example spit out +/- 2.5, so i don't think you'd even need to worry about attenuation. :)
Thanks for the info! I knew there was a higher voltage than +/- 5V involved, but I didn't realize it was their power supply. Very good to know. Now I feel like a total idiot. :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:28 pm

Voltor07 wrote:
CTRLSHFT wrote: definitely targeting. :) this has gotta be a direct response by doepfer to make friends w/ moogerfoogers; Moog started something big with these pedals, and I think Doepfer wants to get in on the action of it all for those who might not yet be ready for a full modular.

Thanks for the info! I knew there was a higher voltage than +/- 5V involved, but I didn't realize it was their power supply. Very good to know. Now I feel like a total idiot. :lol:
been doing alot of research on starting to build one, didn't know really anything about them before a few weeks ago. http://www.analoguehaven.com has manuals for all their modules in pdf format so you can get a good idea of what voltage they spit out. :)

really hoping moog puts together something like this in a cp-251 type enclosure, it'd be soooo fun having one of these sitting next to a cp-251 in a 3U rack! they'd probably have to simplify the features a bit though, as the dark energy seems considerably larger, and uses 1/8" cables. I bet they'd be able to squeeze in an OSC/Filter/VCA/ADSR though. maybe even an LFO. Not sure about getting midi/usb in there, but one could hope!!
www.ctrlshft.com

Lux_Seeker

Post by Lux_Seeker » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:40 pm

It's a Doepferfooger!

It does look a lot like a fooger. It looks good and its MIDI and USB controlled, a plus so its MIDI to CV.

I like it but Moog may be able to answer it with some improvements to the CP-251 especially MIDI control.

Anna's Digit

Doepfer Dark Energy

Post by Anna's Digit » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:06 pm

is gorgeous im very curious about it,looking forward to put my hands on one .
Who 'em i ? who are you ?
Born in 1987 .
http://www.myspace.com/donteatdinosaurs (8bit/lo-fi proyect)

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:58 pm

This product has caught my eye. I could use some input. At this time I'm running my contact mic into my foogers ( 101 102 104 107 & cp251) . It sounds great. Now I'd like to add to the madness. The D.E. has audio in. Can I use this as a filter type box? Or can anyone here think of an another box that will do a better job. Could I put together a small Synth dot. com combo that might be cooler? I would love something that had sort of a Moog vibe.

Thanks
Dean

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:27 pm

slabwax, I currently building a .com/synthfool system. Eventually it will be a 22 space cabinet, then later on I'll add another 22 space cabinet. The .com stuff is good stuff, but the Dark Energy is probably a better deal overall if you don't want to buy each individual module. My $0.02.

On the other hand, Synths.com does offer an instrument interface that you could run your mic through. You could build a dedicated voice synth with that. Might be overkill though.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:53 pm

Voltor

Thanks for the reply. I think a large Dot.com unit would be over the top for my live rig. I like the foot print of the D.E. . So I was thinking of a small table top set up. At one time I had a Electrix Filter Factory I liked that unit. But they are gone now and I want something a little more modern.

Thanks
Dean

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:02 pm

You're welcome! Glad to help! :mrgreen: