Wishlist for the MF-108 (...or 106)

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Jacob Matheus

Post by Jacob Matheus » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:56 am

I think a moogerchorus would appeal very well to the guitar marked (assuming it's not as expensive as the 104Z, which perhaps is the reason most are going for cheaper analog delays), as there aren't really that many great analog chorus pedal currently out there. The only ones I currently know of is the Analogman Choruses (basically an improved version of the old EHX Small Clone) and the Diamond Halo Chorus. Other than that, most guitarists go for used vintage pedals...

I'd absolutely love a Moogerfooger chorus pedal, and with the known Moog quality and versality (that most other pedals out there seem to lack), I bet it would sell great. We already have a magnificent phaser, so why not a chorus/vibrato?

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:15 pm

If not a CP-451 Sequencer...

then a Chorus/Vibrato/UniVibe/Slow-Gear type MF.
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:40 pm

^ what DeFrag said... the Slow-gear being the important part for me. It would be nice to have voltage controlled amplifier for volume control somewhere in the pile of foogers, I really feel that this is the biggest thing missing from the series, but I also don't own a Voyager or a Little Phatty, which are capable of doing this.

I picture a voltage controlled amplifier that allows some kind of sound input, some kind of trigger input (or on board via lfo / env), a control over attack and decay shape and / or duration. A chorus / vibrato / flanger / u-vibe / ala gigfx chopper would be an awesome parallel to this... in stereo of course :twisted:
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:00 pm

Alien8 wrote:^ what DeFrag said... the Slow-gear being the important part for me. It would be nice to have voltage controlled amplifier for volume control somewhere in the pile of foogers, I really feel that this is the biggest thing missing from the series, but I also don't own a Voyager or a Little Phatty, which are capable of doing this.

I picture a voltage controlled amplifier that allows some kind of sound input, some kind of trigger input (or on board via lfo / env), a control over attack and decay shape and / or duration.
something like this maybe... :)
www.ctrlshft.com

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:53 pm

Something like that, yes. I was hoping you would drop in when you did!

Nice work... I remember reading that, but forgot about it for this thread.
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

Lux_Seeker

Post by Lux_Seeker » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:39 pm

Vitja wrote:CTRLSHFT you got that point. Maybe I was to excited yesterday when I made
a chorus out of delay.For chorus is great with guitar...I dont know about synth...for guitar,I dont remember if I played more organic chorus like this one.
And great vibrato to!
But flanger is not what it should be. You can not get less delay time to get a usable flanger.

I think all guitarist here on this forum would like to see Pitch to CV converter in
moogerfooger format with built in tracking LPF and envelope follower.
What we need then is just a VCA with minimum of two CV ins!
Then you could run your guitar into Pitch to CV,Freq out to ReqBox freq. in,osc out to VCA audio in,and from ENV follower to VCAs cv in, then you should have another Freq out from Pitch to CV,to track LPF.:wink:
The Freqbox does not really have a pitch to CV conversion and can therefore act like a pitch follower. It is using hard sync which to the ear sound like pitch tracking and in some ways on a physical level is pitch tracking but not in a sense that you can have a CV out.

I would just love to have analogue pitch to CV not so much for guitar but other things. I don't know if this is possible but early guitar synthesizers were not using digital methods to track pitch so they must have been doing something.

Digital methods use what is called a fast fourier transform which in my mind is fundamentally flawed but to explain why I think that would take a major technical discussion. Bottom line, I hate digital/MIDI pitch conversion.

Vitja

Post by Vitja » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:09 pm

Me too! It is like a condom! LOL
I know the theory of 107.I wish I could track a filter or rm with pitch to cv.
You can not do this with osc out on Freq box.

Lux_Seeker

Post by Lux_Seeker » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:24 pm

Vitja wrote:Me too! It is like a condom! LOL
I know the theory of 107.I wish I could track a filter or rm with pitch to cv.
You can not do this with osc out on Freq box.
Try "Analogue Systems" RS-35:

http://www.analoguesystems.co.uk/index2.htm

Of course you would have to have at least the beginnings of a modular but is that a bad thing?

Vitja

Post by Vitja » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:39 pm

Well...you need 900$.But I think Im gonna do it like this...step by step.
You can buy just RS-35 and LPF plus 2x AS/Doepfer cable.
Then put them into Doepfer miniature case,which is cheep.
You still have room for mulipels and some cheep VCA. You can do lot of things whit that I think.
Can It tracks Freq Box or RM?

Lux_Seeker

Post by Lux_Seeker » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:03 pm

Vitja wrote:Well...you need 900$.But I think Im gonna do it like this...step by step.
You can buy just RS-35 and LPF plus 2x AS/Doepfer cable.
Then put them into Doepfer miniature case,which is cheep.
You still have room for mulipels and some cheep VCA. You can do lot of things whit that I think.
Can It tracks Freq Box or RM?
I think there may be some issue with that. There is another post on Freqbox tracking which would suggest that it would not but my understanding is that there are attenuators that can adjust. I am new to modulars, in fact, I don't have one but before I invest I do want to work all these things out.

Vitja B

Post by Vitja B » Sun May 03, 2009 6:50 pm

Then I should get a VCO from AS.
But I think the cp-251 first on the list.
:wink:
MF-101,MF-102,MF-104Z,MP-201,PRS Custom24/10 top,Acoustic G100T,many more.

Lux_Seeker

Post by Lux_Seeker » Tue May 05, 2009 9:29 pm

Vitja B wrote:Then I should get a VCO from AS.
But I think the cp-251 first on the list.
:wink:
I just got mine. It took a while to get here. Some problems with UPS coming during lunch, not once but twice. Anyway, its here but I have not used it yet. I did get a chance to experiment with the Freqbox. I like it, it like it alot. I can use this and tame it as well.

Reidlowe

Re: Wishlist for the MF-108 (...or 106)

Post by Reidlowe » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:23 pm

I'd love to see a remake of the Liberation which i do own, with updated electronics and presets similar to the phatty. Although I can use my RolandAX for remote, I can't tweak as I go, so a Liberation would be amazing.
Studio owner, 28 Moog instrument collector, Prog Rock artist

machetemirage

Post by machetemirage » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:02 am

A Moogerfooger Tape Echo would be awesome. It would include a mangler(small mechanism that would scratch/mess up the tape), a high pass filter, and an oscillator that can be blended in(for weird ring mod effects and noises at infinite feedback), all CV controllable.

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:09 am

machetemirage wrote:It would include a mangler(small mechanism that would scratch/mess up the tape)
This would get VERY expensive. Specially at the cost of tape these days
My modular so far: Q104, Q106 x2, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, Mixer and Mankato playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M x2 ( STEREO!) Volca Beats and Bass, Arturia Beat step