Wishlist for the MF-108 (...or 106)

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Lux_Seeker

Post by Lux_Seeker » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:57 am

My understand is that a phaser creates peaks and valleys in the frequency response. A comb filter is really created very easily by adding a slightly delayed version of a signal. It will create a series of strong spikes in the frequency response at regular intervals. The effects is not as obvious as other filters until you modulate the frequency of the oscillator for for the the comb filter is being applied and then you hear a phasiing effect.

Comb filers can be tuned to specific notes (I have done with with Absynth) and can mimic things like sympathetic strings.

As for what I would like to see in another fooger.

It has been suggested here in different threads that a pitch shfiter of some sort be added perhaps one like Electro Harmonix POG. I would love to see a control voltage version of this.

While more complicated than other foogers, I would also love to see a fooger that would break up the frequency spectrum up into a number of bands with variable freuquency and then send the envelope follows of these out to a CV. If the Murf could be modified then it would be nice to even send these CVs into the Murf and then you could create a vocoder.

I would also like to see a frequency following circult perhaps even a modification of the Freqbox.

A nice modifiction of the Low Pass fillter would be to allow a side chain audio in.

A reverb would be nice but I don't think it would work because it would have to be large if analogue like a plate or spring reverb.

I would also like to see a Low Pass filter based on a vactrol and perhaps some sort of built in lag processing.

analoghaze

Post by analoghaze » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:29 pm

ColorForm2113 wrote:Analog haze,
What are those blue pedals set up with your many many foogers?

BLUE PEDALS

What you see:
Prophecy Sound Systems (Custom Analog Electronics) pre-production Infinitphase. (MK1)
FoxRox Paradox TZF (through-zero flanger)

Both are out of production.
Music can Name the Unnamable and Communicate the Unknowable.

'I am... everything is... changed... they're calling... your face... interwoven... who is...' Patient mumbles inaudibly to a tune (sounds like 'Thanks for the memory).

Lux_Seeker

Post by Lux_Seeker » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:26 pm

I picked up this old post. How about this one:

http://www.u-he.com/zebra/manual/?page_id=39

This is a cross modulating filter in Zebra. Put this is a fooger and you would have something really interesting.

delay-newton

Post by delay-newton » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:44 am

Jacob Matheus wrote:I'd love a chorus! :D

oh yeah!!!!

I, too, would LOVE to see a CHORUS/VIBRATO mf!
www.myspace.com/gravitysaysi

gravitysays_i

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:27 am

Let's go all the way with that idea and have a VC/CVT.
(Voltage Controlled Chorus, Vibrato, Tremolo)
Put a variable frequency crossover or two in it and 2 LFO's. Think of the possibilities!
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

Vitja

Post by Vitja » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:37 pm

I think we already have a MF chorus! It is MF-104Z.
You can get very good choruses/flangers with MP-201 and Delay.
Try this out:(make sore you set MP-201 to bipolar mode)
For vintage chorus:
Ch1:Delay Time In:Ch Mode-LFO(tiangle),Rate:1300,Amt:25,Offset:2280
Ch2:Delay Mix In:Ch mode-expression,all settings on 3000 (or you can
program it to have a control over mix)
Set all controls on delay to minimum! Even the Feedback!
Experiment with all controls to get variations between Choruses,flangers and vibratos.
Enjoy!

Vitja

:D

Lux_Seeker

Post by Lux_Seeker » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:45 pm

I agree. You can use other foogers to get these effects.

HB3

Post by HB3 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:24 pm

Naturals for the next fooger(s) would seem to be:

multi-filter
sequencer

Right?

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:56 pm

Vitja wrote:I think we already have a MF chorus! It is MF-104Z.
You can get very good choruses/flangers with MP-201 and Delay.
Try this out:(make sore you set MP-201 to bipolar mode)
For vintage chorus:
Ch1:Delay Time In:Ch Mode-LFO(tiangle),Rate:1300,Amt:25,Offset:2280
Ch2:Delay Mix In:Ch mode-expression,all settings on 3000 (or you can
program it to have a control over mix)
Set all controls on delay to minimum! Even the Feedback!
Experiment with all controls to get variations between Choruses,flangers and vibratos.
Enjoy!

Vitja

:D
Problem is the delay doesn't really go into small enough increments of time to get a flanger at all, and chorus is only so-so. I think a full blown chorus/flange fooger w/ maybe an extra thrown in to make it unique would be way more desireable.

It's also pretty silly to expect everyone to go buy mp-201s and an expensive delay pedal to do this, but that's beside the point even. I think a dedicated chor/flange would pull some real weight, esp if they gave it something special other pedals aren't providing, and I don't think they'd have a problem delivering, either.
www.ctrlshft.com

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:22 pm

I like the features the arturia moog modular v chorus module has. I think if they could make that into a fooger form it would sell. Definately needs stereo INS and Outs
My modular so far: Q104, Q106 x2, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, Mixer and Mankato playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M x2 ( STEREO!) Volca Beats and Bass, Arturia Beat step

matt the fiddler

Post by matt the fiddler » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:56 am

i want to make the arturia interface with my motu mkII and have CV and audio outs and ins on all channels :)

we still need a chorus module like that.. but that would temporarily take care of my need.

seriously, that would be EASY to do, assuming my motu doesn't have DC coupling
Electronic Violinist here

Vitja

Post by Vitja » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:42 am

CTRLSHFT you got that point. Maybe I was to excited yesterday when I made
a chorus out of delay.For chorus is great with guitar...I dont know about synth...for guitar,I dont remember if I played more organic chorus like this one.
And great vibrato to!
But flanger is not what it should be. You can not get less delay time to get a usable flanger.

I think all guitarist here on this forum would like to see Pitch to CV converter in
moogerfooger format with built in tracking LPF and envelope follower.
What we need then is just a VCA with minimum of two CV ins!
Then you could run your guitar into Pitch to CV,Freq out to ReqBox freq. in,osc out to VCA audio in,and from ENV follower to VCAs cv in, then you should have another Freq out from Pitch to CV,to track LPF.:wink:

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:49 am

ColorForm2113 wrote:I like the features the arturia moog modular v chorus module has. I think if they could make that into a fooger form it would sell. Definately needs stereo INS and Outs
Dunno what other features that plug has, but I agree about the stereo outs part at least. Stereo IN would be cool, but only if by pluggin only L in it would read as mono. For guitars and monosynths stereo doesn't mean all that much on the way in.

On the way out though, stereo would be awesome.

Assuming they were using the same moogerfooger stomp pedal format, i'd think the pedal might have features like this:

(Delay Time)

[Flanger/Chorus switch for delay times, flanger would be super small increments, chorus would up to what, maybe 150ms? Not sure about what the average chorus pedal goes to.]

(Feedback)

(Small knobs in the middle for mix and drive.)

(LFO Amount)

[Switch for LFO range]

(LFO Speed)

CV In for:
Delay Time
Feedback
LFO Amount
LFO Speed

CV Out for:
LFO

Audio IN:
Stereo or Mono, depending on space, etc

Audio Out:
Stereo Out/ Mono through L channel
www.ctrlshft.com

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:39 pm

See my thinking is, if you have stereo out you should offer stereo in. Because what if you have more than one stereo pedal? Example: if you have a murf or phaser and want to use them in stereo and if you use them before the fictional chorus pedal. If it has stereo in/out you can continue using your pedals all in stereo. But if the fictional chorus pedal only has stereo out then your stuck, you either have to buy another chorus(which im sure a lot of would do regaurdless. Quadraphonic anyone?) or you have to loose the stereo out of the phaser or murf.
That's my though on it. I wish everything had stereo in/out though, would make my lif so much easier
My modular so far: Q104, Q106 x2, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, Mixer and Mankato playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M x2 ( STEREO!) Volca Beats and Bass, Arturia Beat step

matt the fiddler

Post by matt the fiddler » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:51 pm

stereo in is 2 of what ever you have :)
Electronic Violinist here