New 'Fooger plz

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
CTRLSHFT

New 'Fooger plz

Post by CTRLSHFT » Wed May 07, 2008 7:38 pm

Is anyone else still really hoping Moog will finally bridge the modular gap w/ a combo amp/eg/cv-midi converter box? does that maybe seem like too many features for one 'fooger in a cp-251 style casing? not enough interest? too expensive to produce? i'd probably buy two on the spot..

the 107 is awesome and sounds fantastic as a stand-alone oscillator, even if it doesn't scale 9 octaves and isn't temp controlled. who cares? It sounds better, than LP/Voyager oscs imo. 70s analog. three of em +other foogers and you've got a voyager of a different flavor.

let's take these lovely machines to the next step, Moog! use the different character of the 107 as a reason to push the modular angle w/in the moogerfooger line. please? :)
Last edited by CTRLSHFT on Fri May 09, 2008 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.ctrlshft.com

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Wed May 07, 2008 7:43 pm

I agree, it would be awesome to collect self sufficient Moogerfoogers that could be chained into one big modular system. :D
[size=75]"I like to play with electronic noise makers. I hope someone wants to listen, and if not, I'll still be up at 3 am making sequences in the dark, drinking coffee, and burning expensive incense." [i]Rod Modell[/i][/size]

Hal_McGee

Post by Hal_McGee » Thu May 08, 2008 3:45 am

I agree 100%. I am thinking seriously about getting the CP-251 and MF-101, plus eventually another MF-107. A CP-251 style dual EG Moogerfooger would be just the thing. Add these to my MF-107, 102, and 104 and I would have a serious killer table-top synth. Please do it, Moog Music! Come on Moogerfooger users, let's get the chant going! :D
http://www.halmcgee.com
Voyager RME, Rogue, Etherwave Theremin, Octave Cat, Little Boy Blue synth, MF-102 Ring Mod, MF-104Z Delay, MF-107 FreqBox

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Thu May 08, 2008 5:22 pm

interesting this comes up, I'm currently trying to find a way to play my foogers parameters with a keyboard... ie self ocilating MF-101 changing pitch based on keys on the board...
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

k-tk

Post by k-tk » Thu May 08, 2008 5:31 pm

.....I'd really like a spring reverb :lol:

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Fri May 09, 2008 11:34 am

k-tk wrote:.....I'd really like a spring reverb :lol:
that would be pretty cool. modulating reverb parameters w/ cv sounds really exciting, too! not sure about if they could fit the neccesary spring box components into a fooger box, though.
www.ctrlshft.com

ChinaPig

Post by ChinaPig » Fri May 09, 2008 1:45 pm

What I would really make it is a CP-251-like box with a MIDI/CV converter and an envelope generator. That and a MIDI keyboard would transform the rest of the foogers into a rudimentary but playable modular synth. Which is why I suspect Moog hasn't released one.
MF-101, 102, 103; CP-251; Nord Lead 3; Guitars & Basses

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Fri May 09, 2008 6:22 pm

ChinaPig wrote:What I would really make it is a CP-251-like box with a MIDI/CV converter and an envelope generator. That and a MIDI keyboard would transform the rest of the foogers into a rudimentary but playable modular synth. Which is why I suspect Moog hasn't released one.
you'd need the VCA (gating) too, but i don't think something like this would be completely out of the question for moog to build. honestly i'd like to see a unit w/ a cv-midi converter (a simple one), one VCA, and two envelopes. To save on space they could maybe do something similar to Future-Retro's XS design w/ a knob for the general env shape, and then two knobs to adjust A/D and then D/R.

seriously though, would this not just be awesome to have even w/o the 107?! plug the env output into your 101's cutoff in, and you have a proper filter envelope. i can only IMAGINE the hijinx w/ stuff like controlling the carrier osc on the 102, or really, just about anywhere, a ADSR is pretty useful. i can confirm this since w/ the sherman filterbank I was able to do the same thing we're talking about here. It's seriously fun, and the 107 osc sounds so. damn. good. :wink:
www.ctrlshft.com

ChinaPig

Post by ChinaPig » Sat May 10, 2008 1:56 pm

[quote="CTRLSHFT"]
you'd need the VCA (gating) too, but i don't think something like this would be completely out of the question for moog to build. honestly i'd like to see a unit w/ a cv-midi converter (a simple one), one VCA, and two envelopes

Right, we're on the same page. When I said EG I as really thinking of a VCA w/ADSR
MF-101, 102, 103; CP-251; Nord Lead 3; Guitars & Basses

k-tk

Post by k-tk » Sun May 18, 2008 6:04 pm

Right, we're on the same page. When I said EG I as really thinking of a VCA w/ADSR[/quote]

that would be great too, a sort of "half sherman filterbank"!

k-tk

Post by k-tk » Mon May 19, 2008 1:30 am

CTRLSHFT wrote:
that would be pretty cool. modulating reverb parameters w/ cv sounds really exciting, too! not sure about if they could fit the neccesary spring box components into a fooger box, though.
I guess there's room enough, I've seen spring reverb much smaller than moogerfooger, for example among doepfer modules line

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Tue May 20, 2008 9:50 am

k-tk wrote:
CTRLSHFT wrote:
I guess there's room enough, I've seen spring reverb much smaller than moogerfooger, for example among doepfer modules line
the rack part of it, certainly, but there's an external spring tank that you have to plug in to the rack unit, then afix the tank to the rack casing because its too long to actually be put in one of the spring reverb rack units, if i recall correctly. either way though, i wouldn't put it past moog to find a solution if it was an issue. :)
www.ctrlshft.com