well well well... moogerfoogers as DISTORTION pedals

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
brunning

well well well... moogerfoogers as DISTORTION pedals

Post by brunning » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:58 pm

tonight, i plugged into my AC-15 and with both in bypass mode, cranked the drive control on my MF ring mod and low pass and was blown away by the big meaty grinding distortion that greeted me.

of course you can't switch it off without a switchable effects loop of some sort, but this is worth a try for the plesant surprise.

MC

Post by MC » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:33 pm

Yup, same trick used by The Edge from U2. He uses a Korg SDD-3000 digital delay with the output switch on high so it boosts the signal to his AC-30.

I worked with a guitar player who used an AC-15. Very nice sounding amps :)

BrianK

Post by BrianK » Sun May 30, 2004 6:27 am

MC - I think he is not overdiving the amp woith the pedal - he just means that the Drive control into the pedal allows it to overload and fuzz out. (Which it will do - in a nice way!)

I know the MoogerFoogers were designed to allow this - especially the Phaser, which likes a lot of harmonic information to work well....

Think about it - how many other pedals let you choose the input level even? Or output level?