Power supply questions

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
aldenon

Power supply questions

Post by aldenon » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:26 am

I just bought the ringmod and the freqbox from a music store here in Sweden. It seems the power supplies are not included in europe any more but the dealer gave me two regular boss style adapters. The ringmod worked fine but the freqbox didn't work at all... The LED flickered but it didnt make any sounds. I then tried the adaptor from my MF104 and then everything worked

The power supplies I got were 1500ma but I was told that a higher value than the 300ma stated in the manual would'n be a problem!? I tried the new supply with my old MF105 breifly but I got a lot of hum and noises. Does in have to be exactly 300ma?

thanks
/mikael

toryjames

Post by toryjames » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:01 pm

Boss adapters are usually tip negative. The Moog adapters I have are tip positive. They should be 9V DC, my LPF adapter is 300mA, my FreqBox adapter is 500mA and the CP is 200mA (more milliamps are fine, you don't want the milliamps to be less than what the pedal requires). Also 1A=1000mA. Hope this helps.

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:48 pm

And because the MuRF has a digital processor, you should really use a regulated supply for it.