static LPF inside Freqbox

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
nathan

static LPF inside Freqbox

Post by nathan » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:17 pm

Does anyone else have the very annoying feature of loosing a lot of high frequencies in the outcoming audio when turning the freqbox on? (this stays like this untill turned off btw)
I really dont like this. I allready play over a bass amp with it and that little bit of crispyness i have gets lost in the mf107. I would have liked to use the mixknob instead of the stompknob, when i just want to hear the unaltered sound.
The freqbox itself is offcourse super crisp and clear and has a lot of high when i want it to, but i am talking about the sound when the mix-knob is turned counter-clockwise.
I guess this is not true bypass?
2-piece drumkit/4x diy-triggers/1x diy-mixer-preamp/2x clavia micromodular

earsmack

Post by earsmack » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:33 pm

FreqBox docs: when in bypass, the input is disconnected from the effects' electronics.

This would imply that when NOT in bypass, the input is NOT disconnected from the effects' electronics.

So, therefore, even though you may have the Mix knob al the way down (original signal "only") it's still going through the electronics that make the FB what it is which will undoubtedly color the sound somewhat.

This would be what you are hearing is my take on it.
Minimoog Voyager Performer Edition + LP Stage II + Sub37 + Model D reissue + CP-251 + VX-351

nathan

Post by nathan » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:57 pm

o yes, offcourse. stupid me. doesnt have to do anything with the bypass offcourse.
but "colour the sound somewhat" is a bit of an understatement imho.
this is not a flame, the mf107 is a marvellous device!
2-piece drumkit/4x diy-triggers/1x diy-mixer-preamp/2x clavia micromodular

earsmack

Post by earsmack » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:25 pm

I agree it's a great device :-)
Minimoog Voyager Performer Edition + LP Stage II + Sub37 + Model D reissue + CP-251 + VX-351