No new Moogerfoogers?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Henfield

No new Moogerfoogers?

Post by Henfield » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:08 am

Since Moog has just put out the instructional DVD covering the existing 6 Moogerfoogers, can we surmise that there will be no new MF offerings shown in 2008 (January) at NAMM? If they are going to introduce another pedal, I would have preferred that they delay the release of this DVD a few months and add the content from the new MF. Why didn't they put out a training video for the LP? That would have made more sense.

If they were putting out another Mooger pedal, then including it in the Training DVD would also have been a great sales tool!
MF 102,White MF 103, MF 105B, Minitaur, and an LP Stage II w/ CV Out Mod as well!

GregAE

Re: No new Moogerfoogers?

Post by GregAE » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:22 am

Henfield wrote:Since Moog has just put out the instructional DVD covering the existing 6 Moogerfoogers, can we surmise that there will be no new MF offerings shown in 2008 (January) at NAMM?
I don't think we can surmise anything from this. Instructional DVDs, just like any other product, take time to develop, and this particular product has probably been in the pipeline for a while.

As for what Moog will unveil at Winter NAMM, we'll just have to wait and see. Will it be a new instrument? A new 'Fooger? Both, or none at all? How about something completely new and entirely unlike anything else Moog has ever offered? Your guess is as good as mine...

Lengai

Post by Lengai » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:02 am

Hopefully it's the new Moog Uber-Drum machine :D

chinard

Post by chinard » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:30 am

i think they need to build a moogerfooger 960 sequential controller as a stomp-box :D

Henfield

Post by Henfield » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:53 am

chinard wrote:i think they need to build a moogerfooger 960 sequential controller as a stomp-box :D
I agree that there are a few different MF's needed to complete the "Fooger Modular synth", such as a sequencer, envelope control and VCA.
MF 102,White MF 103, MF 105B, Minitaur, and an LP Stage II w/ CV Out Mod as well!

sergiovalente9

Post by sergiovalente9 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:54 pm

GregAE wrote:
Henfield wrote:Since Moog has just put out the instructional DVD covering the existing 6 Moogerfoogers, can we surmise that there will be no new MF offerings shown in 2008 (January) at NAMM?
I don't think we can surmise anything from this. Instructional DVDs, just like any other product, take time to develop, and this particular product has probably been in the pipeline for a while.

As for what Moog will unveil at Winter NAMM, we'll just have to wait and see. Will it be a new instrument? A new 'Fooger? Both, or none at all? How about something completely new and entirely unlike anything else Moog has ever offered? Your guess is as good as mine...
What about the little phatty rack edition?

And, ok Im dreaming, a moog analog polyphonic synth??

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:36 am

sergiovalente9 wrote:What about the little phatty rack edition?

An affordable LP rack edition (LPRME?) could accomplish both objectives. By itself, a single LPRME would give you the Moog sound in a compact package, while several LPRME's would give you polyphony (you'd need a mixer to mix all the outputs).

or...

the LP electronics that would fit into a 1 or 2U rack space could be repackaged into a larger rack mount unit containing 4 (or more) LP's and a mixer. Imagine being able to purchase a LPRME4 or LPRME8.

That would be very cool, indeed.

sergiovalente9

Post by sergiovalente9 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:11 am

GregAE wrote:
sergiovalente9 wrote:What about the little phatty rack edition?

or...

the LP electronics that would fit into a 1 or 2U rack space could be repackaged into a larger rack mount unit containing 4 (or more) LP's and a mixer. Imagine being able to purchase a LPRME4 or LPRME8.

That would be very cool, indeed.
Various LPRME would be very very cool. Maybe to make it cheap, its will has only the same knobs and buttons that the original LP. And you can program it via VST plug in. And CV control will give you the change to integrate it a lot more with a CP.

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:24 am

I'd be happy with an arpeggiator/sequencer or drum machine.
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:48 pm

I vote THIS! instant mono modular* w/ 101 & 107! add oscillators to taste and rinse well with ring modded goodness, soaked in murky delay. bake @ 450 Hz. :wink:

a multimode filter , boutique 3-band parametric eq (with resonance!), or chorus/flange pedal would also be high on my list!

*admittedly, sliding a cv-midi converter in that unit somehow, even at the cost of dropping something else would probably be important. but if you own a kenton or another analog synth that does this for you, woohoo!
www.ctrlshft.com

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:19 am

Hehehe

I really wish that Moog would build me a VC robot that would do my bidding (And be way cooler than that stinkin toyota robot!)

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:18 pm

Hmmm,

You can buy (ddrum) triggers pretty cheap these days. Or, the piezo crystal for a few bucks...