can the freqbox do this?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
username

can the freqbox do this?

Post by username » Tue May 29, 2007 6:39 pm

So say I wanted to use the freqbox to control my 104. Will I be able to set it so that when I strum the guitar the freq sends the (env?) signal to the delay time and depending on the strength of the strum it will change the time? Basically does the freq send something that can be used as a control voltage thats altered according to you guitar playing?

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Wed May 30, 2007 3:01 am

Yes, it has an env. out, so you can control your delay with the envelope follower. The MF-101 can also do this. You may want to attenuate or invert the signal, though. The CP-251 can do both of these.

Bryan T

Re: can the freqbox do this?

Post by Bryan T » Wed May 30, 2007 12:08 pm

username wrote:So say I wanted to use the freqbox to control my 104. Will I be able to set it so that when I strum the guitar the freq sends the (env?) signal to the delay time and depending on the strength of the strum it will change the time? Basically does the freq send something that can be used as a control voltage thats altered according to you guitar playing?
Yes and no. The envelope of your guitar strum can be used to change the delay time, but that also means that as the note decays the delay time will decrease. So, stronger strums can have longer delay times, but the delay time will decrease as you hold the note, causing the pitch of the delayed part to change. A cool sound, but it might not be what you were describing.

Bryan

toryjames

Post by toryjames » Thu May 31, 2007 1:06 am

It might be more useful to control the Feedback Amount with the Envelope Follower.