foogers with LP knobs

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
godzilla

foogers with LP knobs

Post by godzilla » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:11 am

what ever the next fooger is they should do this for it.

imagine a normal moogerfooger that uses the LP knobs (with the ring of LEDs) for each of its four performance parameters. the LED indicates the value of the parameter in respect to the knob position and whatever CV signal is driving that value. so if you don't have anything plugged into the CV in for that parameter, then it just follows the knob but if (while your playing guitar) you sweep an expression pedal that's plugged into it, you'll see the LED move up and down to show the change! or LFOs from the cp251 or any CV singal!

it would probably add an extra few hundred to the cost but....it would be pretty cool!

CTRLSHFT

Re: foogers with LP knobs

Post by CTRLSHFT » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:31 pm

godzilla wrote:what ever the next fooger is they should do this for it.

imagine a normal moogerfooger that uses the LP knobs (with the ring of LEDs) for each of its four performance parameters. the LED indicates the value of the parameter in respect to the knob position and whatever CV signal is driving that value. so if you don't have anything plugged into the CV in for that parameter, then it just follows the knob but if (while your playing guitar) you sweep an expression pedal that's plugged into it, you'll see the LED move up and down to show the change! or LFOs from the cp251 or any CV singal!

it would probably add an extra few hundred to the cost but....it would be pretty cool!
i agree this would be cool; imagine if they could implement the RAC technology into the foogers as well, this could really open up possibilities and help save on space.. our ruminations about a OSC fooger could really take flight that way too.
www.ctrlshft.com

bentropy

Post by bentropy » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:59 am

RAC :?:

I'd google this, rather than expose myself as a mere Anglophone, but I'd get any number of non-related responses...

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:09 am

bentropy wrote:RAC :?:

I'd google this, rather than expose myself as a mere Anglophone, but I'd get any number of non-related responses...
a proprietary (to best of my knowledge anyway) technology Moog made to allow quantization of potentiometer settings for saving patches, but when the knobs are edited, Real Analog Control kicks in, and the parameter sweep is purely analog, no digital stepping (not that stepping noises are audible on the voyager) of any kind. i really think it makes a difference though, 's very cool stuff. The Little Phatty employs this new tech.
www.ctrlshft.com